Like a burning kite- A short film in BGE

this looks good, will you make some facial rig too?

thank you :smiley: i dont think so i have never rigged anything complex (the character was rigged with an addon) so i guess i will only let the character speak when you cant see him or something like that :slight_smile:
EDIT: Yay 1,000 views :smiley:

You’ll need facial rig. It won’t be that hard to make as making good animations. But you can always ask help for more skilled people around here. I am not rigger and animator, but some other people can help you;)

P.S. for speech you just need few animations of face:
letter “a”, letter “e”, letter “i” and letter “o”, which you can simply play in boolean version and use blending between animations. And you can than add some expressions like anger, joy etc.

okay yea might be true but first of all i want the scenery to be finished :slight_smile:

I’m curious how this game will play out, how will it be like a short film? Any similar games? I want to know more!

If there’s a lot of animation I may be able to help out.

Basically the only thing the player can do is walking and looking around. At the same time the action happens around the player. The story will be mostly told by dialoges with npcs^^ so just imagine an huge cutscene from a videogame in that you can walk around:D and yea later on there will be lots of animations and i’d really appreciate all the help i can get but first i have to finish my enviroment:)

started working on the interior of a train, another location for the game :slight_smile:

make sure you really make the camera work hard for the train. small spaces like that can be killer.

yea thats true but you wont be able to move in this scene anyways so there wont be too many problems in terms of the camera:)

Started working on the exterior of the train :slight_smile:

okay here is the train at the moment :slight_smile: before i start texturing i`d like to know if you have any suggestions on improving the mesh in terms of proportions because it kinda does look like an cartoony train wich is not what i am aiming for so do you have any tips to make it look more realistic?:confused:

Hm… Maybe add some lamps. Also - those front windows looks pretty old because they’re too deep in frame. In nowadays people don’t make it such deep in frame to keep it better look and better aerodynamics. Also - the round thing in the front - what is it?:smiley:
In the first image the front windows looks better. People try to make them as big as possible. It makes it look better aswell as easier to see from inside. Maybe scale windows a bit?

thank you for the suggestions^^ but actually i wanna create an old train so some of those things you mentioned where done on purpose :smiley: i will take your advices into count anyways^^
EDIT: the round thing is supposed to be a lamp :slight_smile:

Oh… OK! I’d make the lamp something different. The round shape is annoying. Maybe show a pic with squared version?

something like this?:slight_smile:

Well… Yeah… For me it looks better now!:slight_smile:

gonna start texturing now :smiley:

Now it looks cool!:slight_smile: Good job!

Thank you :smiley:

decided to bring this project back to life^^" nothing to show yet just wanted to let you know that i will start working on this project again :slight_smile: