Like a burning kite- A short film in BGE

ty^^ dont wanna tell anything about the story just yet:) and yea i know the scene doesnt really look nice and bright but thats actually the goal. I want this scene to be dark and depressing^^" But ofcourse the lighting is still far away from being finished :smiley: ty anyways i will definitly take your suggestions into count though

finished lighting for this scene :smiley:
hope the brightness is fine now:) fixed my screen settings

LioKon, this looks awesome. Yeah - this is really, really good. Keep up the good work. THis is how real-time art should like like:)

Waaao thank you :smiley: <3

An interesting project, I like, the character is great ,far better than my first character:) … I look forward to the next.

just made a little animation for the character :smiley:
EDIT: Face texture has been reworked too :slight_smile:

better view on the updated face texture :slight_smile:

he should be a programmer… I can see it in him!

great potential with this project. very cool. I wish I had your skills.

Looks good! the lighting is well done, not to dark nor to light.

I’m not sure it this will be taken as a compliment or not, but it sure is ment to be one: The style reminds me of a better looking “The Walking Dead”, love the semi-realistic characters shading. Can’t belive it’s your first character model.

Wow, the character modeling looks pretty good! i wish you the best of luck on this project :slight_smile:

Thank you guys :smiley: your feedback is really motivating:) yea i really like the TWD games even though i will try to go for a more realistic look later on, my game will hopefully be similair to those games in terms of atmosphere^^

This looks good, man!:slight_smile: Just keep the good work!

This is just a small piece of advice, but if you keep it at a semi-realistic level (like right now) you will be able to get away with so much more in animation instead if your going for ultra-realistic. This means that you could do a lot of animations faster and get onto the story. Just imagine how wrong it would feel it the walking that had realistic characters and used the same animations, that wouldn’t look to good, would it?

I’m not just saying this because I love the style that is at the moment.

started working on the exterior of my little restaurant :slight_smile: i know its very dark because its going to be a night scene sorry :smiley:

Attachments

Looks good. You should add some neon lights around the town/city to gain nice light effect on it. And for night scenes it looks cool and artistic if you use pretty wet surfaces, maybe some puddles - like if it’d have rained recently. And than you add some reflections around, some bright, shiny places etc. which adds contrast and artistism to scene. And, when combined with DoF, it looks very good;)

cool idea :smiley: yea i will try to create some puddles even though i ve never done that before :smiley:

Specular map, propably real-time reflections(as you’re making a movie where you need some more advanced graphics) and if you need more realism, use fresnel and normalmap. You can choose to lit all the scene’s glossy materials with a single cubemap or use baked reflections for scene and real-time planar reflections for ground;) If you need to know how to get such type of reflection system, ask in Skype!:wink:

true maybe i will keep that style :slight_smile:

Okay :smiley: thanks a lot for all your help i really appreciate it :slight_smile: