LightWave 3D Group Offers $695 LightWave 11.6 Crossgrade to 2D and 3D Artists

Yeah starting a thread in support would be the way. There are tips and tricks you can learn from people.

Also from Pixar/Renderman web page it was mentioned that Renderman will be available for Lightwave (I don’t know who did the development though, first party or 3rd party) so I guess its one of the way not to be left behind. We are talking about tools that have been proven for animations here (Jimmy Neutron and many others). With the free version and the pricing now, its a nice proven renderer for anyone to play with, and to hear it play nice with LW might tempted some people.

Of course, the same web page also mentioned someone is trying to make it work with Blender too…

I would think they’d be happy to get some Blender users.:slight_smile:

I’m a hobbyist that own Modo 401, LW 10.1 Edu, and also using Blender.

LW might not be dead, but as per CGTalk article, obviously heading that way. They develop a plug-in that can be used in OTHER app (Chronosculpt)? Not that its wrong, but that is not how you gain users to your MAIN app - bread and butter.

And the other thing is that industry perception and usage. They are losing educational market, and are NOT capturing Indie market. So I don’t know how well is their future. code