Lighthouse at the End of the World (final)

Fantastic! I’m impressed with the lightning!

Very Nice! I love the ocean, it is one of the best I have ever seen.

One thing…there’s no lightkeeper’s house on the island! I pity whoever has to go and maintenence the lighthouse when/if it breaks. :evilgrin:

Sweet cripes. It’s gorgeous.

wow, thats awsome, congrats to the banner =)
5 stars!

Guess who’s using this as his wallpaper!

Angelina Jolie ?.. wait ! Uma Thurman !!!

EDIT: ahh… you said “his”… never mind

EDIT2: btw… thanks guys ! I’m glad you liked this thing :slight_smile:

is this a fluid sim?

beautiful work! - Istvan

beautiful work!

other than that all i have to say is i would love a .blend! could you post the file here please? if it is too big send me a pm and I’ll give you my-email so I can host it for you.

-istvan

I wouldn’t have a problem sharing the blends used in this picture (yeah, more than one). I usually work one blend until a certain point when I feel I’d go faster if I just render every needed pass/renderlayer and composite everything on a clean file and keep on working on that file. You know things tend to get really messy with a couple renderlayers and some compositing.

BUT… If I collect everything and post it, it’ll be around 400 MB of material, which I don’t have the time nor the energy to upload anywhere…

However I will write a tutorial on the hot topics (I guess nobody cares about how I textured the lighthouse, more people would like to know how I did the splashes) and post a couple of sample blends to follow the explanations.

Is that good enough ?

Like I said, I can host the files for you if you send them to me. Are you able to e-mail them to me?

Nice job! I liked

Thats lovely, the clouds must have taken an age.

But why do I see north and south america in the moon? Probably my imagination,

sets wallpaper

Wow… I’m really a bloody n00b, so I actually have no clue, but did you post-produce this? The splashes against the rock have some smudge-tool air about them, am I right or am I n00b? :smiley:
Damn, I have to intensify my Blender studies. Then I could recreate my favourite paintings instead of paying for bad repros - at least if I can become a badass like malefico!

@Corniger: The image is indeed postproduced but actually not where you thought, the two splashes use directional blur from Blender. The smudged parts are noticeable in a couple waves in the ocean part and also in the rock edge to the right (subtle though) where I wanted the water to “merge” with it and I got a sharp rock edge instead. Best way to study is to practice a lot, keep it up !

@Arcis: the clouds are one of my favourite parts, it’s a matte I painted in Gimp and it took a while, yeah. It seems that the moon indeed had earth continents… maybe you discovered something there because it is really a picture of the moon… call the NASA !

Darn, that’s GOOD… directional blur, I would have bet my a$$ that was postproduced :smiley: Lucky me - I didn’t. That must be a node effect… I’m keeping it up, rest assured. Stuff like this artwork make me want it triple.
Btw.: I read about you in Tony Mullen’s Blender book(s), so it feels good to have guys like you here that actually really still make the time to TALK to people. 2 thumbs up and my toes, too (you wouldn’t want my toes though, but still).

perfect

Beautifull render, not a place for living but would be nice to have a drink with friends there.

Fantastic mood. Love it :slight_smile:

Awsome! Very nice lighting and composition.

Definitely the best 3d image made in Blender I have ever seen! Absolutely amazing! It’s like a pure digital art!