Lighthouse at the End of the World (final)

maybe a make a smaller image?
when i make one of this size as my wallpaper, its all messed up scaled…

Fantastic work malefico. But that is normal from you, though few and far between.

Added to the gallery.

BgDM

Hey thanks !.. I think… this is my first time in the gallery ! wooot !

wow, it is?!
but you have some other awesome stuff!
congrats on the gallery.
now you HAVE to make a tutorial. :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely Brilliant. I can almost smell the sea…

Aaaach great! Wow I remember the WIP thread, it was already amazing then… and now this final is just brilliant - congrats on getting into the gallery for the first time!
Also good luck with the Mercator project :slight_smile:

I was wondering recently about how this project was progressing, and I must say, this final render looks great. It makes a good desktop wallpaper as well!

Wow! Your artwork is fabulous! Very impressive!

Being a long time fan of lighthouses, I certify this as awesome. How much post production was there? (Not that there’s anything wrong with that… just wondering.)

Estoy bien impresionado con esta composicion. Tambien fui a tu pagina “Licuadora” y la introduction es excelente. Estuve buscando un poco y no consegui donde estan localizados…En Espana?

Saludos

PD: Looking forward to watch your next animation project. Vas ha incluir esta misma escena del farol y el oceano?

Thank you guys for your compliments, you are very kind ! :o

@Blenderguy: Licuadora Studio is set in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Yes, there will be a shot like this one in the movie though not quite the same… can’t say anything else :cool:

@blenditall: I added a couple of layers of dew and droplets on top of the particle made splashes, and also a subtle cloud texture to add noise and give a “paint like” feeling. I added a couple of airbrush strokes to the lighthouse to create a subtle bloom effect (check the windows) and smudged a few bright spots in the ocean and waterfall. I think that was all postprocessing done (and I think they were very important and needed steps)

LOL @ the horribly cropped header.

This is a great image, Malefico-- but I think you got cheated by whoever cropped it for the header…

I agree the header looks terrible =X

this looks amazing!
looks kinda 2d rather than 3d to me but thats not a problem, still looks nice in either dimension
5 stars

Oh my god …:eek:

Love it. I especially like the clouds, water and moon… Hell, I like the whole lot of it. Rightfully in the gallery IMHO.

that looks just awwsome, like a brilliant painting of an artist. I also like the theme, its crazy but interesting. Think rent prices are low out there …

wohoo! you finished it!

awesome work! is great to see the progress in this artwork since your first drawings and sketches, you preserved most of it and that’s not something that happens too often (specially in ambitious projects like this one! -mostly because of the complex water and “stuff”)

/me hops to The Mercator Project blog…

very good work, mate! excellent atmosphere you got there.
my only crit is for an overall sense of excessive blurring all over the image that lead you to loose details.

p.s.
the header is ugly!!! :eek: