let's go back to 60's

Hello Harley, my counter is very small, so I think doing a jukebox on the floor. The pictures you post are very beautiful. Too bad, I would like to create a scene as real as possible, but I intend to focus my attention on characters. On the other hand I would compose the scene as well, respecting the characteristics of a dinner that time.

About camera angle I’ll keep a good distance from the small objects.
Thank you for your patience and help :smiley:

Some results today…

Sweet! Very good looking model so far.

Thanks Anthony,
It’s my first clay render and I think it is not good as it could be.
Do you know some technique to render in clay?

I sure do. :yes:

Adjust the light accordingly but I use a hex color of: B2AC95

Thank you again Anthony.
here is my last update. I believe I’m ready to texture it.
I was thinking make a jukebox set on floor but, after I saw Haley’s reference images, I decided to make a countertop jukebox. It’s more nice than other. :yes:

Wow… It’s really looking good CC, looking forward to seeing your textures… I’m curious on how you modeled those vertical decrorative “branches”. I don’t know how best to describe them, but I’m refering to the vertical trim that runs along front of the jukebox.

The whole thing really looks great, you’ve been busy :slight_smile:

Hey Haley, I am happy for your comment.
In fact, I believe that “branches” are branches of coffee, very common in heraldic symbols. Here in Brazil they are very common in flags or something.
Anyway, yes, I had a lot of work here. It is a Wurlitzer Model 61 Countertop Jukebox of 1939 … It’s old, isn’t it?
Thank you very much.:yes:

Here’s coffee branch … It is a simple linear mesh subdivided. I did extrude the lateral faces individually and then dragged them down like a fishbone.

Do you plan on using BI through to completion?

Hello Anthony, I’ll use cycles, despite my GPU be a QUADRO 2000. It is horrible to render, very, very slow.

I don’t have a GPU to render from either so I know your pain.
Try rendering your clays of the juke box in Cycles, big difference and easy to jump back and forth between BI and Cycles when not using any mats yet.

Thanks for posting the breakdown CC

Oh, I thought that plugin only works on BI… thanks Anthony.
Hello Harley, you’re always welcome.

well, here it is.
Two days of work …I liked it a lot
A model Wurlitzer 61 Countertop Jukebox of 1939 :RocknRoll:

Looks great CC… Hoping you may post some other angles, I’d like to see what you did with the textures on the inside, where the records are. I need to go look up on google a pic of the original to compare the textures, but overall it looks really nice.

Ok Harley, here’s another shot in front view.

Classy! :yes:

Thank you Anthony…

Another update…
I was bothered by this gray window.
now we have a background building and some extra lights.