let's go back to 60's

Uauuu. I thought about making a waitress very traditional, but I had not thought of that … great idea, Harley.
How about some parts of an old car?

just playing with the sun lighting

An old napkin holder… :smiley:

Now that’s a nice prop…Coca cola thought of everything back in those days… At first when I looked at it, I couldn’t tell what it is until I read your description. It would have been much more recognizable had it been sitting on the counter in wider camera angle. Something else you could consider doing to add just a touch more realism, is just pulling out a portion of the napkin just a tiny bit. You did a nice job of grunging it up

Ok Harley, you’re right. A shot with other angle. Now the objects are in proportional size.

This is all I did today…:smiley:

Starting to feel like a soda shop to me.

LOLOL … Hello Anthony, I intend to create a diner, but a shop soda is also good for me. The most important is that I can acclimate the scene in the 60s. Am I on the right track?

I say soda shop because that is what I personally associate the curved counter with.
When I think of the diners I have been in I always recall long counters running the entire (or at least most of) restaurant.
But I can most certainly see a diner here. You are hitting all the right selling points, stylistically that is. Your tile looks good.
I really dig the stools and once you have some pie and or cookies in the case … yummers.

It is a challenge for me to produce something that really don’t know very well. Here in Brazil we do not have this distinction between soda shop and dinners. My references are in my mind, something I saw in old movies.
And yes, I will prepare some cookies too … : D
Thanks for your comment Anthony.

You are quite welcome.

This is what I see when I think “soda shop.”
By contrast I see this when I think “diner.”

I guess the big difference is that when I think “diner” I think long thin stand alone buildings.

I hope I am helping and not confusing you.
If I am just tell me to shut up. Bwahahahaha :wink:

Absolutely not. You’re not confusing me, despite my first language is Portuguese.
Everything is a matter of thinking and seeing, is not it?
hugs,

Oops, I didn’t see the links.
Nice pictures. Thanks for the references.

The pastry display looks great. If your going for realistic, I don’t think they had plastic ketchup bottles back in the 60’s… at least for ketchup, maybe consider turning it into a glass bottle. Personally I kind of like the look of the curved counter. No matter what you want to call it, a soda shop or diner, it instantly puts you back in the late 50’s early 60’s at the kind of hangouts that were a part of so many American towns and cities.

Agreed Harley but he could make salt and pepper shakers out of it.

Here is a ad from the 60’s that may help.

Thank you Harley and Anthony. It seems to me that the bottles were glass, at that time, really. I’ll try to change the ketchup bottles material. Salt and pepper shakers are both good options.
Thanks for the reference images.

Now we have a ketchup bottle glass, salt and pepper, and six esfiha. I don’t really like the actual look of the bottle.
Any suggestions?

Maybe if it were thinner?

Yes… I’ll try this. How is esfiha called in English?

Pizza ???