Leopard

I rendered a highres version.
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/19529

Amazing! Nice colors you choose

I am working on a short tutorial (or making of) about the leopard with a lot of screenshot from blender. Hopefully it will answer your technical questions!

I made my portfolio: http://tamastorok.daportfolio.com/

Really great work tomket7! The Leopards fure looks so nice, I have never seen something comparable made with blender. But I think the head looks a little bit too long. If you donÂŽt mind, I made some changes in colour and size with Photoshop.
I think this way it looks even a little bit better:

I like it!
Considering the " Universal Artists Creative License " ,
If I try imagining what the cat is thinking, then the pose is justified
 cats think.
The fur is interesting with its apparent detail.
The cats rear and the tree bark would maybe be out of focus with a wide aperture lens setting.
As for the physical structure of the feline , there is a certain amount of genetic variability in most species.
I give the scene 4 stars out of five ****

Astounding piece! I think it’s very close to just perfect. Actually, the imperfections make it eve more interesting. 5 stars from me.
Andreu

Good garsh, this is gorgeous! I can’t believe it isn’t a real image, and I’m shocked it’s BI.
Honestly, one of the very best BI renders I’ve ever seen, if not the best.
Can’t wait to see more of your stuff. And I hope you’ll play with Cycles soon.
You’re fantastic.
I showed this to my cat, but he glanced and turned away. He hates pretty boys because he’s sure he’s the Prettiest Kitty.

This is fantastic, I love when animals are done in Blender, they always have a unique feel per artist. :slight_smile:

Thank you guys!!! :slight_smile:
Moritz: I don’t say that I am right but I prefer my own image than yours. :):slight_smile:

She’s gorgeous!

As others have noted, she looks a bit “soft” for a wild animal. More indication of where the muscle and bone are would be nice.

Ah yes, great work from the jellyfish-artist of a Blender splash screen! :slight_smile:
I think the pose is good the way it is. Leo’s like to relax at trees and even drag their prey up, to avoid thiefs disturbing them at lunch. :smiley:

Why is there no worship button on this forum?!

Why isn’t this in the gallery yet?

This looks amazing! Almost looks like a photograph. Very nicely modeled and rendered.

Awesome. Fabulous. Outstanding. Period :yes:

Very nice. It’s apparent with 3 pages of comments that it’s well liked. I’m in especial admiration of the leaves.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Looks great, I don’t know why you don’t post art work more often. All of the pieces in your portfolio are fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Oh and congrats on the Blender Nation banner!

Absolutely superb! Thumbs up.
Man
I would like to be able to create such a picture.:wink:

5* !! Brilliant artwork!