Lego 856 Bulldozer

Hard to do and nicely done! Did you use Subdivision and/or beveling? Linked duplicates?

hmm… <Focusing really hard on the image> …I can only thing of one thing possibly wrong with the render… the two pieces of the scooper (the big flat ones, that you see the bottoms of) seem a little weird, don’t know of anything I could possibly do to fix that. ANYWAYS, This is a amazing model. I don’t think I could ever do this, even in a million years…

Very nice! I like the level of detail you put, not making the edges and corners of the bricks sharp and so-forth. I love Lego’s, although it’s been a while that I’ve used them. I tried to build some Lego bricks in blender once, but that too was a while back. It occurred to me that now one could probably 3d print his own custom lego bricks.
Cool work!

Nice, throwback to my childhood.

Thanks for all the comments:3

andrewdoll: I modeled all the pieces in blender by myself, no Lego building programs was used:p

tomas_oh: Thanks for the information^^ It seems like all the Lego builder programs are made for real time visualizations, no beveled edges:( I think I tried LDD a ling time ago, quite impressive programs, lots of parts to play with:p

DruBan: I think I applied a Subdivision modifier on every object, I added a lot of edge loops to make the edges smooth. I also used Linked duplicates a lot, its great when you have a bunch of the same object and you suddenly want to make a change on something^^

andrewdoll: I modeled all the pieces in blender by myself, no Lego building programs was used:p

Most excellent modelling job! I also noticed you used a texture as the displacement for the logo instead of using geometry/array modifiers. I really like how that turned out. Definitely a great optimization for render times I imagine.

Wow! This is great!

Just one question, Did you model the pieces yourself?

Or where they exported from LDraw?

andrewdoll: As you said, using textures instead of geometry was the most optimized choice. It already had a vertex count of 1.090.350 so adding even more geometry to all the hundreds of Lego logos would have slowed down the render time way to much:p

BobSmith77: I modeled all the pieces myself:)

Lego is too simple constructor as for me. But well done

Thanks nikitron:)

I loved them as a child! Great to be remenbered of their existence by such a nice and detailed rendering!

Thanks payne:3

Wonderful! :smiley:

Thanks Vicky^^

Awesome as always mate! :smiley:

as a LEGO fan, that’s pretty awesome!

Thanks Abdullah Al-Dar and gundamf91:)

Wow! That looks awesome! :smiley:

Cool! this looks really nice!

Thanks IconW and BShep:)