Lamborghini Miura

Those details look perfect. This is definitely one of the smoothest car models I’ve seen in a long time!

Your tire texture is extremely good, did you make that in Photoshop? (I’m curious because my next project has tires of a similar complexity, so modelling it would be inconvenient and slow)

Good… lord…

check this topic… this guy moddeled almost every part of the cart engine main chasis… all that shit…

http://max3d.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=86249

finnal effect
http://max3d.pl/forum/showthread.php?t=88379

Thanks! Had to make those badges (cut) in photoshop as there wasn’t any good available.

Yeah. It’s made in Photoshop. I searched the tire I wanted to model/texture and draw seamless texture from it. Then I run it through Nvidia’s normal map plugin (in Photoshop) and applied in the tire model. Of course the UV_maps should be well made.

Haha…well thanks!

Yeah I actually saw that when I searched preference images. That’s quite mental! :smiley:
I have modeled the car in the way that the engine cover could be opened. And it’s the different story if I’m going to model the chassis/engine. We’ll see when the rest is finished.

Did the door panel. Simple and maybe I model it a bit further. But first I should do the rest of the interior.

Attachments

Looking fantastic Icon… curious on something about this car… do they have any kind of rear bumpers? Looking forward to seeing what you do with interior.

I assume you had two seperate UV maps for the tread and the sidewall, did you have a problem of the sidewall texture not showing up?

As I understand the list that circle around the rear honey comp grill is supposed to work like little bumper. As in my model it’s a bit too deep in the chassis.

Yeah I seperated the tread and sidewall with UV seam. Before I added curve modiier on the tire I “projected tread from the view” (that being from the top). After this I applied curve modifier and projected the sidewall UV’s from the side. Also my texture size is 2048x4096 so all UV’s (tread, sidewalls) fit on it. I made the tread tileable so I needed to fit only a partition on the texture itself.

Hope this helps!

Some test rendering.
Also did the front end. Quite happy with the materials…except front mesh seems to be a bit tilted and need some adjusting.

Attachments

Some basic three point lighting and outside of the car nearly done. Windshield wipers, door handles and some emblems on the side still missing. Coming together in quite nice pace.

cool … nice
DAT old logo tho

Thanks! Yeah the newer Lamborghini emblem got a bit more ‘beefier’ bull. :smiley:
And thought about sculpting the logo but this works for now.

Some new side emblem and render full of potential or even…promises…hmm.

Attachments

Your car paint came out exceptionally well, looking forward to seeing the interior! Are you going to model the engine?

I model the top of the engine (manifolds) at least as you can see it from rear window. And if I’m going for engine cover open -render I’ll model the engine too.

Modeling the center console. Maybe some stitches coming as I modeled the leather seams.

Attachments

hey man its looking awesome.can you share your car paint shader if its ok

Sure! I made the car paint with this tutorial:

http://cgcookie.com/blender/2014/06/05/shader-forge-car-paint/

Just tweaked it a little bit and adjusted the amount and size of the flakes.

Added some knobs and switches on the center console. Also uv-unwrapped everything and applied some leather material.

Edit. Added some gauges too!

Attachments