✨ Just Released: 'Watermelon Girl' – A Blender 3D Film 5 Years in the Making by SouthernShotty

Exciting news – After 5 years of dedication, “Watermelon Girl,” my Blender 3D short film, is finally ready to share with the world!

:watermelon: Watch it Here :watermelon:and check out the Live Q&A After

Quick Facts

• All visuals done by one designer (me)
  • Over 230 shots completed
  • Over 18,000 frames rendered
  • 8 Characters and 10+ Environments created
  • 5 years of writing and production
  • All rendered on a single 4090 RTX card
  • All 3D done in Blender

I couldn’t have embarked on this journey without the Blender Community. These 5 years have been filled with sharing techniques on my YouTube channel, teaching through Skillshare courses, and creating with assets from Blender Market. Your support has been pivotal in bringing “Watermelon Girl” to life. A heartfelt thank you for being part of this adventure

:watermelon: Watch it Here :watermelon:

Thank you,

SouthernShotty

81 Likes

Fantastic work. Bumping for visibility.

BTW, I never liked how there are separate categories on BA for “animation” and “finished projects”. Animation that takes years to make definitely counts as a “project”.

6 Likes

Excellent work, mate :+1:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

Hey! fantastic! :smiley:

Just fabulous! I love the consistent art style, the materials, and the many impressionistic interpretations of natural phenomena (water, waves, bubbles, grass, clouds, fire, wind, currents, sand, foliage… to name just a few). The many many ways in which you interpreted the many manifestations of ocean water alone are amazing!!

Thank you for sharing this! :smiley:

I started following those tutorials recently before realizing you had been working on this project - I have to say bravo, well done!

Outstanding!!

After some time seeing you from behind my screen, working and experimenting on so many different things. I’m impressed to see the result.
I really liked the short, the atmosphere is working really well, the texture creativity and also the music !
Really big bravo for your work.

I love the visual style!
Great love for all the little details, too. It’s a pleasure to watch, even though somehow the moral message was a bit too frontal for me.

Congratulations for finishing, that was a huge amount of work for sure.

Apart from all the technical intricacies of such a production, it is a really nice, well-told story.
Congratulations!