Jonathan L's Sketchbook

Testing long hair, Matt’s awesome skin shader, and a light wrap compositing setup:

Love that look of attitude in her face! :smiley:

1 hour 45 min modelling practice:

I didn’t get to the pedals or chain before the time was up, but I think it was decent progress and definitely good practice.

Why a girls bike?

Just kidding. It looks pretty good, even with the lack of petals. It’s cool seeing poeple start to make use of Sketchfab.

I’ve just started a motorcycle for the BG contest. I sketched out the design, blocked it out with curves, and modeled the first couple of main body pieces. If the scene turns out like what I have in mind, it should be my best work yet. But more on that later :slight_smile:

Nice! I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Thanks!
Some progress, lots of tweaking:

Wua, you’ve collected a lot of good work around here the past few months! Specially love that pine! Also, not sure if I should critique the bike here, as it’s a sketchbook, but the tire seems a bit thin to me, but I’m sure you’ve already noticed that :slight_smile: Looking forward to the WIP thread :evilgrin:

Thanks boss! I haven’t had much time for “recreational blending” recently, but I’m still learning art! Here are two charcoal gesture sketches from my intro to drawing class:

And a photoshop class midterm project. I got an A, but there are plenty of mistakes because I did it in about 2.5 hours. Can you spot them?