Jeep's sketchbook

Wonderful!

Excellent work as usual with that turtle, mate! :slight_smile:

You’ve gained a lot of control over shapes, making details sharper and easier to read.

That creature eddy printed is all kinds of cute and cool too!

Great turtle Jeepster!

Thats a great exercise both on hard and organic sculpting.

Will you texture it?

I saw thisa little while ago and thought it looked totally awesome, so I wanted to do something like it.
The plan is to model crystals like those growing out of the turtle’s shell, and then texture/render it

That gold turtle is an absolute beauty to behold!

But i’m more curious about your texturing technique. could you break it down some more? what exactly is a brush mask and what is it for? forgive me if it sounds like something everyone should already know.

Hi excellent work… I want to see more of your work… Hope someday i can be like you…

wow, thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

khalibloo: the brush’s texture mask just changes the shape of brush daubs. Instead of leaving behind a smoothed circle, the brush leaves behind something more interesting and complex. I’ve found this can make for a more organic transition between two colors (see the red->yellow transition on my bufomus post, or the blue->yellow transition on the shark)

If I could find a good tutorial on it, this is where I’d link it…but I’m not really finding much about it :frowning:

ah thanks, that explains a lot. Looks like quite a handy skill to possess :slight_smile:
Perhaps that’s exactly what my frippo model needs. If it goes well, I’ll put up a render soon.

So what are you starting off with when you sculpt? The default cube, and going from there? Using the skin modifier to make the base mesh?

looks great.

you got some fine sculpts here. Nice work!

Some really amazing stuff here! :wink:

love the sculpts!