J.B. Johnson Steam Fire Engine (1864)

that’s awesome. It looks just like an old photo. Are you going to grunge and whether up the render in post pro, or leave it like that?

Great work!!!
Great work!!! :wink:

What renderer did you use? Blender Internal? Yafray? Indigo?

@masternave: No, I’ll leave it as it is, “damaging” the picture could cover minor details.

@5Onlt: Yafray + HDRI.

Brillinat work man, 5 stars

I don’t see how it could look any better. That being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing how an Indigo or Kerkythea render would look. Just a thought.

note: I think we just found the splash screen for Blender 2.45! :eyebrowlift:

Exquisite! Even after seeing the wireframe I’m not sure I believe it’s a render…

i like the materials and the color theme , great .

I’m looking at it over and over again and I still can’t convince myself it’s not a photo. A threshold’s been breached here. Congrats!!!

Absolutely stunning. At first I thought the picture was a photograph used as reference for the model. I am amazed at the how well the materials look especially the copper parts. You have got my 5 stars.

Great work! Love the old time look of the photo.

yep,thats great!!!
maybe just one crit: try to let the tubes or so to look more individual and not that clean and tidy, maybe one tube hangs a bit over or sth, but just IMHO :slight_smile:

Dude, is that a Photograph? I like the shadows. Did you hand paint them?

that’s 5 stars.

God, that is authentic!

how did you make it so real

Very nice! This one my wife really likes…

Shameless plug (I know it’s my thread but still, hehe): “The Ponka” is going to be featured in this month’s issue of 3D Creative Magazine.

Page6

I’m also going to write a “Making of” article about it. It should be published in November’s issue.

You are now my background. Congrats!

BRILLIANT!! Thought it was a photo too. Five stars.