Iron Man Model, and some test renders.

Awesome model, looks realistic too. Its great to have people that are able to prove that blender has the capabilities of expensive 3d softwares.

Thanks, but blender can do much more than i able to do.

Great model, and great lighting and rendering. Can i see the arm reflecting in the torso?

Are you going to rig it? If so, i guess you will have to redesign some of the joints. Some of them doesnt seem to give enough space to rotate.

Yep, Iā€™ll redo some parts and adjust other, thanks for the tip

=)

Ok everyone, sorry for taking so long to respond, been busy for months and I completely forgot to take the theme of today.
So Iā€™m not yet equipped model. I need to make some adjustments before it, and this will take a while.
Iā€™m trying to study in a blender texturing, for now. So the Iron Man project will be off for a while.

I will provide the model for those who want to make the adjustments himself with things and help rig, I promise upload tomorrow.

And ā€¦ I am Brazilian, sorry for my crappy English and for triple post as well. =(

Thanks for the support folks!

wowā€¦ how long did it take?

look like the official ^^

Looks really good in the real world setting.

Excellent!
Why do you use an external renderer?

Looks superb!

very good looks reallll

Is this the same Ironman that was posted in Blenderguruā€™s Critique section?

Great Job! Keep up the good work!

first like to thank everyone for the comments, sorry for not having put the link to download the model yet. My computer was malfunctioned and I lost time trying to recover some files, but luckily, i can save the iron man file.
I will put on a website repository of models soon.
Jeremy:
Yes, itā€™s the same model that sent Andrew to the price, but what is in the blender guru was rendered in blender internal render. =D

Has anyone else noticed the fingers yet? Because that is really sticking out to meā€¦The fingers of the Armour are kindof squished. And the joints donā€™t look anywhere NEAR the same as in the movies. Just sayin.

The clearly-objectionable lighting problem on the characterā€™s face (mask) might well be addressed by either the use of layer-specific lighting, or a layer-specific shadow-only light, whose specific purpose is to dull the reflections in that space. Or, a different material (or a material node) that has been brought into play only for the face mask.

By whatever means, you need to attenuate the reflections that are coming from the mask so that the glowing eyes achieve their intended effect. What might be perfectly fine for the elbow joints isnā€™t okay for the mask, even though of course we want to convey the notion that these two parts of the armor are made from the same stuff.

ā€œA picture is captured in the camera, but itā€™s made in the darkroom.ā€ The image needs to come away as being ā€œbelievable and satisfying at-first-glanceā€ even though ā€œa closer second-lookā€ would reveal a few of the photographerā€™s clever tricks.

Render with Cycles.

My last render in blender, usingg nodes. Iā€™m not put textures yet

http://www.blenderguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Bruno-de-Oliveira.png

Awesome, did u use blenderā€™s nodes ? if yes could you post some screenshots please ?

great model, rendering and lighting.really well done!

Watch those shoesā€¦ pictureā€™s getting a little dark down there, and thereā€™s still quite a splay of light bouncing off that facemask.

Great model, though. A real bad-ass dude.

The textures of the pieces are very well done now. I like the look of the materials now, and the even lighting. Except that mask.

To be honest, I thought that was the real ā€œIron Manā€. xD Itā€™s an awesome creation!

There is a program out there free, canā€™t think of the name right now, but itā€™ll make points (however many you want you just fill in the field) that attempt to reconstruct any moving 3d image as a single solid object. You could do this off a video of a rotating ironman suit or make your own video if you have access to an iron man model of any sizeā€¦ the camera movie is broken into jpegs and etcā€¦
to find how just look on youtube search for videos involving 3d motion capture or something Iā€™ll have more info more later maybe. My youtube channel is mikefromspace