IOU - fixed camera prerendered deremake

I’ve been studying the renders from the older resident evil games. Simplicity is the key. A full blown high def texture isn’t always the answer. So today I worked on bringing some softer textures into my creations. Starting on the carpet and kitchen floor. Next I will finish the kitchen floor and re texture the sink counter.

Hi, just wanted to ask if there’s going to be puzzles and stuff to solve? or something lol. I like that kind of stuff xD

Also your models are amazing.

Yes my friend there will be puzzles. Thanks for the comment. (:
Looking to make extremely hard puzzles that are easy to miss /optional.

Which reminds me of game mode difficulty. Right now I have two down on paper.

STANDARD - Normal, limited saving, die and you restart at last save.
ADVANCED - Temp Save Mode, only save quit. Death = file erase.
Finishing the game on ADVANCED unlocks something

Awesome, hope it works out in the end. :slight_smile:

love puzzles xD

Today I went and grouped many separate scenes together. Just to get a bit more organized, and seeing is believing :wink:
Lodge and pools total face count 271,000. Some rooms I’ve made for the lodge will remain in their own .blend for now however HEAPS made it into this new detailed model.

Models are much cleaner now. Every thing lines up like a real building, something I originally didn’t set out to do.

a dining room…

I’m landing on lower poly models for characters and monsters. For a few reasons:

• Obvious time saver.
  • Remains true to the PlayStation 1 games.
  • Less expensive to draw, more on screen.
  • Easier to animate and blow apart with a shotgun blast.

Here’s another random art concept video. Number 3.

Loving this project…Seriously wanting to play this…and was that a Jill Valentine RE1 style character I saw in there? :slight_smile:

Your textures also need some CA336458 on them…You should know what that is…If not google image search is your friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Whether you think you could do it or not, you’re right in both cases!

This what really gives me a push when I found my self stuck in some programming problem.
What really matters is, having a contentment that you’ll reach your goal eventually in the end!
Know that, if you stay behind what you want, keep haunting it, you’ll definitely reach it in the end!
Just remember those everytime you feel a little tired/frustrated :slight_smile:

Wow, I never knew about the CA336458 stuff. Adding that to my notes O:

The character models in the latest video are Capcom’s models from Gamecube RE1 (2002)
Imported the .objs out of curiosity. Chris, Jill and Rebecca. I removed Chris’ face Hannibal style.

Thanks for the support, I want you to play it too!

I started this project roughly around the time Shinji announced his new project zwei game. I joked, ‘just when I was about to get my hands dirty and remake it for them.’ Some jokes are probably worth prosuing. I’m always waiting around for good things to happen, they usually don’t. And now looking at the progress my folder has made. I believe I have this game inside me, ready to come out.

I have a long time friend currently serving in the Navy. I can’t wait to drill some inspiration out of him. We grew up playing these games.

Hello VeXe! I got your mail, writing you back now.

Attachments

Here’s a new model I made today. Starting to get comfortable… time to learn something new.

So I’ve been chatting with a like-minded programmer/artist named VeXe. We’ve exchanged pages and pages (and pages) of emails. We’ve already worked out some kinks on where to take ideas and genre direction.

This game sounds like fun, I can’t wait to play it. Although there’s no clear completion schedule, its going to take however long it takes.

Looking good still, any progress on characters or story yet?

Lots of progress on story, no new progress on character models. Level design is too addictive at moment. I know where I want to take the two main characters though.

Random Pics (:
Can I mix you something?

THE SELF DESTRUCTION SYSTEM HAS BEEN…

Early TOP view of basement floor

Hey everyone. Happy early new year. Been a while since I made a post, here we go.

Been busy organizing thoughts and text as well as cleaning up and adding to the lodge model. Lodge feels like a main character all of a sudden.

IOU Folder is around 2.60GB. I went and made a slim copy for the two programmers, rounding it off a 131MB download! Ali is busy moving so he won’t be able to help for another couple of months I’m thinking and the other programmer has many other things he’s working on.

If anyone is interested in joining us I’m still looking for 1 more serious programmer. I have another game project in mind also, its a on-rails space shooter in the style of Panzer Dragoon / Star Fox / Igaruga / Radiant Silvergun, thought about making it entirely out of wireframe models :smiley: But enough about that this game thread is still my main focus.

Story and game structure progression was strengthened last night.

Pictures:

Started this room today

Pushing the limits of my computer. Surprisingly rendering a pic with all layers on is still under 3 mins in most cases.

:smiley:

Removed the old roof placeholder. I’m a much wiser modeler than I was in August.
New roof is only 14 faces pre-extrude

There use to be a small staircase here, removed that and gave the ground along this side wall a nice gentle slope.

Roof 2.0 in action!

Pictures before: Nearly all the land mass the game will be using as a game world.
You are packed in to some tight areas much like in RE1 and 2. But there’s much open world between locations.
Here you can see the VIP and Lodge buildings. Stu the main character lives in VIP Room #6.

Final game will have a half dozen or so small cabins, 2 medium sized cabins, 1 large host cabin, The Main Lodge, 2 Ranger Stations, 2 fairly large campground loops and a RV Park. And a few other surprises.

Got a nice 2nd monitor [seen on right] 32 inches. Its not exactly mine but I plan to buy my own very soon.
Very useful in so many ways, as I’m sure many blender users here use more than 1 screen.

Seen here using the 2nd monitor

Some nice lattice fencing

Ranger Station A Site

I have only 1 screen :slight_smile:

Seen here using the 2nd monitor to render out a massive 16,000 frame array animation. Damn I love technology.

Looks lovely. The rooms look spectacularly real.
My second monitor is a mini HD tv. :wink:

Thanks, If anyone has any grass particles .blends they wanna share I’d appreciate it. They don’t have to be game engine friendly.

First time in my life I’ve used a setup like this. My computer has all the proper hook ups so its damn shame it took this long. Had a few audio and video issues to work out, nothing a few googles couldn’t solve. Winwinwin. This should help my studying and workflow.