IOU - fixed camera prerendered deremake

How’s this for a slogan?

Survival Horror has changed… So we changed it back.

& Bathroom’s progress from yesterday.

Attachments

break room placeholders, window in all frames

I really like your idea and love this type of game still play it though(parasite eve,res).
I want to help you but I’m not confident in my skill haha.
keep your good work.

Nice screenshots. Can I ask how much polys do you have in each scene?

Face count is somewhere between 20,000 to 80,000 in most rooms.

The scene in the video with all the trees is around 725,000 faces, that area was a learning exercise. These new rooms are the real keepers. I want the final game to have plenty of outside environments though.

If the game uses pre render backgrounds those high numbers won’t matter much.
~
Threw some dirt and pee on the urinals.

I got decent amount of modeling done during the 2nd half of August.

Started this freezer yesterday.

Here’s another quick video. Features,

• a collection of art placeholders.
  • some very early gameplay in the freezer.
  • New test character. A Locker.

Thought of a alternate name for the project
“I O U”. Like it?

I didn’t realize how many bathrooms and stairwells I would need to model >.>
Also I started messing around in python. Project is going!

Hey everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]195950[/ATTACH]

Restaurant

The Lodge is closed for construction

I really enjoy the renders, but it feels as the lighting could be improved a bit. Can’t say exactly how but the light is often very flat :confused:

Yeah the lighting needs work. My texture skills have improved in the last week though!

Absolutely! It’s inspiring watching your dev log update where you see the different iterations of a scene! :slight_smile:

Cool glad you like it. I feel I made this thread a little too early but I’m happy with the responses its gotten here and on youtube.

I get a laugh out of reading comments on RE6 threads and videos.
There’s many gamers that still prefer this older style. I have many ideas on how to improve it.

I don’t want to poopoo RE6 too much but the demo was pretty meh. I double kicked my way through the entire demo while stockpiling handgun ammo. Should we be kicking infected? Seems like a bad idea =\

Wow, looking around the site there are so many horror/survival projects. Running theme here eh?

I love working on this project! Officially changing the project name to I O U.

Subliminal Meaning to I Owe You
heh heh heh
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/dREAD433/dREAD%202/offonyou.jpg

Started this bedroom today to mainly try out buffer shadows with spotlight lamps. Cool stuff.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/dREAD433/dREAD%202/noahsroom5.png

Some early builds of pool area,

Goodnight blenderheads. Talk to you soon.

Did some speed modeling on key designs, going to need these someday. Both modern and classic designs.

Attachments

Impressive graphics & design, Hopefully the gameplay will be on par :slight_smile:

Nice level designs, and I love your key collection :smiley:

So this game will be point and click? Have you done much work on the logic/code yet?

Ex.

Thanks.

Hey EX. Ah code concerns. I’ve read working on too much artwork before code design is a big nono but I’m doing it anyway. Many of the concepts are already in place from previous Capcom games, so its a matter of getting those concepts in place then improving/change them to fit this game.

Point and click is another inspiration, the game Myst definitely caught my eye in 1999. I had a English/Science teacher who played Myst.

But this is what I’m after: The game is 3rd person and viewed from dramatic fixed cameras.

video examples:
1996 Resident Evil 1
Viewing this footage you can see how limited things were on PS1, although they managed to make RE2 and 3 look better.
We are lucky to live in this day of free blenders fully capable.

Or the glorious updated 2002 remake.

So it graphic like RE4 with game play system like RE1-3? I love to play this game.

Assembled an additional 91 reference photos. Structures and nature. Bringing the total to around 259 photos!
I’ve taken around 70 with my camera and the rest I’ve found through google. So much to work off of here.

Did some story refinements. I have a much better idea on where to take the setting and story.

And also, Respect signs.

Attachments

Small update:

Created a very low poly map of the area. From here I can later branch off and make detailed separate files.
If this project goes well I’d like to do a Part 2 in a city scape but first… The Woods.

I did have this map fully labeled. But where’s the fun in that?

Closer view. Lodging and Cabins

NES Friday The 13th screens. These two shots come to mind.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/dREAD433/dREAD%202/NESFRIDAYTHE13TH-1.jpg

Remember when Nintendo Game Over screens were mean?
Even 1080 snowboarding on N64 would scold you when you lost.

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/dREAD433/dREAD%202/youandyourfriends-1.jpg