Ian Lloyd Dela Cruz Sketchbook

latest crunch 2hr work, decimated the model, uv’ed and painted and rebaked to vertex of high poly. shader is dual toon shader

fantastic work!:slight_smile:

quick dyntopo sculpt, testing out a new workflow, cleaner, faster and cuts the dyntopo lag by a lot during sculpting process.

first part of the process since only 3 pic per posts lol, okay

1. remesh the dyntopo, just enough resolution to catch everything like fingers or horns if you got one sticking out of the model.
  2. UV the model using smart UV project, you could do a 2048 for the res or higher for the texturing to be accurate. i’ve done one on a 100k vert res and it took 5 sec+ to UV, but try not to get to high, just remember the number 1 part.
  3. bake the AO and the normal from the hi res dyntopo, and put it on the material you got on the remesh version. this will help you texture it better.

Attachments

1 Like

okay second part, :slight_smile:

1. well, color the character, i got one hemi light on the scene for the coloring and the final bake. put it a mirror modifier there and texture away, be careful on texturing on the middle though, curves other than flat will cause distortion. if you got all the mirror elements in place just X out the mirror mod (do not apply), and put the asymmetric stuff in their.
  2. final step, well you could skip this actually, since you could use the remesh colors to bake on your retopo stuff, but this is fine anyways, BAKE full render the remesh model to your original dyntopo hi res model using bake to vertex color, put it a vert col group on the hi res first before doing this and you’re done.

Attachments

1 Like

final result, this is the hi res dyntopo mesh with textured solid on.

i did this in like 10 minutes approx, just to demo the process.

1 Like

sorry for the typo’s, i was hurrying 'cause i was worried the heavy rains here might cause a blackout.

okay, I have to ask - you use a pen to sculpt, or is it all mouse?

mouse, too poor for a pen lol.

but i have optimized my nav controls and my brushes so my humble mouse actually works awesome.

holy crap batman, I can only imagine if you got a bamboo tablet!

1 Like

thnx yeah, i’m gonna eventually be buying one, but now the mouse is my bff lol. just practice and practice, this will give you awesome result no matter what tool you use.

Mouse??? That is brilliant, the brush strokes are perfect! Even though all the sculpts are alien creatures the anatomy work is also perfect. Great work.

Awesome sculpts iceking, I like your “aerodynamics shapes” in your sculpts man.

quick stuff

Attachments

1 Like

thnx guys, i’ve customed my brushes so it works well with the mouse. :slight_smile:

workflow test. 1 hr sculpt.

sculpting workflow, like the previous head, faster this time.

i just wanna WANT RANT!

i want a=

resolution flood option in dyntopo where you determine a “resolution” and “depth” value so you can essentially subdivide or unsubdivide the mesh with dyntopo algo, kinda like remesh but nicer, with a “smooth” option, also a “resolution limit” value to calculate and warn you if your res and depth input is too high.

will save time to create a nice even mesh to sculpt on.

thats my WANT RANT!

1 Like

I really admire your work, you think you could post a timelapse of your sculpting process? It would be awesome!