I Will The Game (Teaser + Screenshots + Trailers)

Several people have asked us whether we are going to use shadows in our game or not.
The last week we have worked on creating shadows. First we thought we weren’t going to succeed,
because it would have a big effect on the frame rate. But we finally succeeded and have new screenshots with Brian and his shadow!

Hope you like them!

Attachments

Hey guys…the shadows looks great! Are you baking all the shadows in your environments and then going to have the main character with shadows and also the baddies or just the main character? The light cones looks nice but you might want to consider fading the edges a bit if possible, they are a bit to crisp at the moment. How are you going to deal with interactive objects if you have baked the lighting or will you bake the lighting without them? Good luck on steam…will vote for you guys! I saw that another Blender made game (Dead Cyborg)got the green light on steam…but I don’t see it available yet…just says that they are negotiating with the developer. Hope it gets on…might make it easier for you guys.

Hey Shakedown,

Thanks for your response. We bake the environment lights on the textures. We will use shadows for the main character and for the guards. Fading the edges of the lightcone is not a bad idea, I will tell the artist about this. With interactive objects we don’t use shadows because it’s too expensive. We won’t bake the shadows of the objects.

We will be very happy with your vote, :wink: we are also curious to see how it will go on Steam.

PS. we are looking for playtesters if you are Interested PM!

this is where you may see issues,

Endi can be … less than pleasant.

let us know how it all goes,
what are you using for vision cones?

I am working on my own “commercial” bge game, but are model will be a online repository of content, and an adserver that will be removed if you donate.

(and a donate button)

we are going for developing the bge on this first “test” with the revenue, and then we are going to try and make a commercial go at it.

i cant wait to play the game.

Nice Final (but i think important) touch.
Would definitely buy it!

@Fred.B and @Brunfunstudios, thanks!

nice trailer and screens, reminds me of hit man (baldy)…

Sweet game. Iike the eerie feeling in the level
may i gie it try if there’s an demo ^ ^

We decided that the game is missing something that makes it a little more interesting and maybe also a bit more difficult.
The idea is to add dogs as guards: they will either walk around together with a guard or they will be walking around alone. The dog, a Doberman, will be doing the same things as the human guards plus we would like them to be able to smell and pick up scents. Brian will need to avoid the paths that the dogs take and distract them with other elements.

This is the dog we made for our game I Will Escape, we used Blender to make the model, the unwrap, the rig, the skin and we also made some animations. The model has 3306 triangles and the texture is a Diffuse map(1024x1024).
We are not yet sure how we will animate the dog but we are working on it. We appreciate your feedback and tips that could help us with the animation.

BLue Label Studio

We’re excited to announce that we are now using motion capture! A few days ago we were having fun with motion capture and transformed a lot of motions into digital data. We’ve decided to use motion capture, because we received a lot of criticism on our animations and we want to improve them. The motion capture will smoothen the movements of Brian and make him more ‘life-like’.

As you can see in the pictures below, one of our co-workers is covered in wires which are connected to sensors. The other
co-worker is transforming the motions into digital data.

We would like to thank the Grafisch Lyceum, school of art and design, for their time and for letting us use their motion capture equipment.

In the future we will publish the data that we have captured so that you can use it in Blender for your projects. Soon we will be posting more about what we’ve created during the motion capture session.

So stay tuned!

Fantastic! I want to use mocap for my game, but I haven’t enough information: is difficult get the necessary equipment for motion capture? Is expensive?
An thanks for share your data!

Yes, it is very expensive. But we used equipment from someone else. Good luck with your game.

:yes: wonderful u should have great animations for your characters of your game…

THNX Hanzo!

This looks amazing!
I can’t wait for it to be released! :smiley:

Wow, this is probably in the top 3 most professional looking games I’ve seen in Blender, congratulations, it looks great, you guys are doing an amazing job, keep it up and good luck!

NEW TRAILER AND GREENLIGHT! :smiley:

For a few weeks now we’ve been working really hard on a new trailer.
So we are excited to announce that we’ve released a new (beta) trailer!

Check it out and leave your feedback below.

We are also extra excited because we are finally on Steam for Greenlight! Your votes are highly appreciated!

Vote for us on STEAM!
http://i.imgur.com/lNX1ewg.jpg?2