I, predator

Re-opened at OP request

Is this active again? If so, I can reccomend one thing - add raycasting to enemy so that it detects walls and avoids obstacles:)

Well I didn’t think that the request would go through that fast, thanks FWeeb. Yes, I decided a couple of months ago to resume the project. MAJOR changes have been happening. First the weapon system, guess what -_-, has been rebuilt again, but this time… it’s as customizable as Call Of Duty, however I still working on it, below are some new weapons I have been working on and the new sculped predator

@ @adriansnetlis , the AIs will be alot smarter, I plan do avoid and seek tatics including wall climbing and navigation

Bake the AO into your weapons sometime, perhaps when you start texturing, as this should make them look really good.

Actually the ao is already baked… I may improve them later

Nice game project!!..,12basemesh for sculpting charcters is useful:)

FINALLY I figured it was about time I show you what I got so far, any feed back is helpful

Just an update, I have mad it so you can pick weapons and drop them off, as well as fixed the graffling hook bounce glitch. Right now I am modeling weapons, and looking up sounds to finally implement. The weapon below is one of the Predator rifles, FEAR, I know odd name but still:

[video]https://youtu.be/mV1gmiucWoI[/video]
Any suggestions?

Also, would you rather just see the vid, would it be better to leave my voice out? I know it might get repetitive sometimes.

Added two more weapons

and every weapon so far, some have modifications on them

Any feedback would be appreciated, knowing the community’s suggestions would help me a lot.

The firsy gun needs a bit of texture. Maybe add effects to remark that it has been used already once or twice. Also I see there space for kinda GPS or sth like that on it(the little screen). Maybe you can add something to it?:slight_smile:

Otherwise those weapons looks cool:D

Would you have any recommendations for texturing tutorials? I always have problems with getting details asides normal maps on the weapons.

I am really bad at texturing. I can make nice models, but once I get to textures, I am almost out of the game:D

Here -> http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/TexturingTutorials

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

See this too ->http://www.damianlazarski.com/building.html
The textures depends really on the shading you are gonna use.

I am working on the texturing, I’ve been looking at some tutorials for that, I also created a sub gun:

Little damage per bullet, but very rapid firing and dual wield capable.

New weapons in action, also customization is almost complete, I would say my entire weapon system is roughly 90% complete, after that I decided to work on split screen multiplayer setup, scenes and AI’s

Here’s a vid, still no sound, thats the next thing on my list after debugging and putting some polish on a few features.

I would really appreciate any feedback, I like knowing what you guys think.