How do you pronounce 2010?

“Two years left”

Dve hiljade i deseta :d on Serbian

I dunno about you guys, but I think the 2K notation’s good for another 90 years… -it was good in the last 10 :slight_smile: 2k, 2k1,2k2,2k3,2k4,2k5,2k6,2k7,2k8,2k9,2k10…2k99, 2100 "twentyonedouble’0’ or whatever.

I guess I just call it '10, or also two thousand ten

I recently started calling the last decade “the noughties” :eyebrowlift:

I say “twenty ten” by analogy with 1910, 1810 etc. In 1999 I thought I was going to call 2001, 2002, etc. “twenty oh one/two” with 2000 being the exception (“two thousand”). People didn’t agree however and I was caught up saying “two thousand one/two”. I am going to say “twenty ten” for sure though because it is stupid not to.

Those of you have said that this is the “correct” way of saying it because of the way other centuries have referred to it aren’t entirely right. Traditionally, in formal pretenses people would write out the year, like “the one thousand eight hundred and sixty-fifth year of our lord”. I believe years used to be referred to according to the whose reign it was it whatever kingdom, but was changed around 1000 when they tried to calculate Jesus’ birth, their reasoning being he is the lord or whatever. Their are many traditional calendars that are different from our own, for example in Ethiopia it is currently 2003, and in Iran it is 1389.

quoted because it made me laugh :smiley:

You actually have a poll for this?

You should have an option for both because there’s no right or wrong way, but I usually tend to go for “two thousand and ten”.

By the way: there’s a section in Wikipedia here for pronounciation of 2010s.

For you. :evilgrin:

Heh, yea, that made me laugh - Thanks.

First of all very happy new year to all members
I would love to call it twenty ten bcoz it sounds pretty good. lol :evilgrin:

yeah i was going to ask about the present decade too. Like superx10, i’ve always called the 2000 to 2010 the noughties also.

“Du tūkstančiai dešimtieji” in Lithuanian. :wink:

Never thought that you can pronounce 2010 like “twenty-ten” in English.

I say Twenty-ten: Odyssey Two.
Okay, not every time. But some of the time. It’s the future again!

Two thousand ten for me ! But as I’m French, I will not say it often though !o)

Sadly the “teenies” is taking hold in some quarters for 2010 to 2019

I saw a stupid commercial that wrote it as “2k10”. I hope that doesn’t catch on.

That’s a pretty handy abbreviation! Look how many keystrokes you…uh…

Well, at least it’s not as labor-intensive as saying “www.”

We say tweeduizendtien

Wow, I mix them both. I say Twenty-10 when Im in a lazy mood and 2 thousand 10 when Im not… Like BigBad said though, 2 years left till the destruction of the world as we know it!!!:evilgrin:
lol

I say “O’ 10”. :smiley:

I pronounce it exactly like I pronounce 2010.