High Quality GI lightmapping

hmm…i dont know how to make python scripts :frowning:

but i have another problem,when i exported by blend,and i opened it with perthenon,and when i render The “Emmiting Global Photons” Process Is Very Very Very Very SLOW,about 1percent/hour,sometimes it just crashed :frowning:

That’s strange, try to render the cornell box example that comes with parthenon, if the same happens then your video card could be the problem, otherwise your light and shading setup could be wrong, read the whole thread for tips about shaders and lights.

it works now :smiley: i think it just my lighting problem

@Aryok : can you make a video tutorial please ??? i cant bake it with parthenon ! :frowning:

emmh, let me see, hehe, maybe I can make it in my language with english subtitles lol, my spoken english is bad, what do you think?

Video tutorial will be ready soon, stay tuned.

EDIT: Added video tutorial to the first post.

Thanks alot :slight_smile:

That is great, thanks a lot!

You’re welcome guys.

@Aryok : i have a doubt …can we use normal maps because we will make it shadeless so normal maps will be meaning less…any alternative ?
also i cant change the resolution of the lightmaps …i dont know why its not working
i am using Windows 7 64 bit,4GB RAM,Nvidia 610m ! :slight_smile:

Don’t make it shadeless, but set the baked texture to map to the emit value, then you can indeed have normal maps.

Take a look at this file, I moved the monkey to the layer two so the fill lights are in mode “this layer only”.

For the resolution do not make it larger than your monitor res.

example.blend (2.17 MB)

i seem to not change the resolutionof the lightmaps

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/24030
the floor isnt getting baked i dont know why :confused:

Seriously, did you watch the tutorial?, you need a SHORTCUT to the desktop, watch again from 7:35, stay focused man! :mad:

how to bake 1024x1024 lightmaps but monitor supports upto 1366x768 resolution ? please i need high resolution lightmaps

Can anyone help me? I have artifacts with parthenon. I’ve tried different hardware, but result is the same. Here some screenshot

Please re-upload the screenshot so I can help.

EDIT: Here’s my test with default cornell box example. My suggestion is to update your graphics card drivers, I’m not the creator of parthenon and also the code is not open source, sorry for that.

Screenshot reuploaded.

Can you let know what hardware and version of drivers you use? Because my picture is obtained on last version of amd catalyst drivers.

I’m using version 12.104