Hand painted low Poly texturing

So much work to do so little time. I think I have about a week’s worth of work before I call these down. Then I am kind of stuck with no idea what to do next. I want to do more character work but regular sized anime style characters .

I’m about half way through with the Cammy model. so many things are still missing like the leg camouflage paint. I took a break on the chun li model because I want my eyes to rest so that when I come back to it I can spot my mistakes and fix them.

The cammy textures are 100% Blender I got rid of my point light bake and just started from scratch all hand painted.

wow these are really great do u draw on the unwrapped map or on the 3d model with some software

Both, I use Blender’s texture painting tools that are now in the 2.72 builds. I paint on the 2D UV maps in the image editor and 3D model in 3d view. The work that I do in Krita is because of a lack of a Photoshop style layer stack in Blender.

I am calling these ladies done. I could still keep on tweaking but I think I have learned enough.

Cammy

Chun li

@tyrant
if i may ask what brushes are you using in krita for texturing?

Nothing fancy just a hard round brush and a soft round one. In Blender I use the same but set according to XRG’s tutorial(the one with the wall column).

oh! alright thanks :slight_smile:

New year, new fun

I reworked this dude a bit over the last few days to try and test the new ptex branch but I thought I would have some old fashioned UV fun with him as well.

Started on a hand painted diffuse map, with a normal map baked in cycles. But I think I want to tweak my high poly a bit sculpt some stuff deeper and add some high frequency details.

Rendered in Cycles because I suck at rendering and my Blender Internal works always end up looking like a pile of horse shit. Note also that I forgot to remove the subsurf modifer so he is not strictly speaking low poly in this rendering