green woods

great work!!! impressive!

you are kidding … very very nice work :wink:

wow beautiful!

Everyone that suggested this was fake made me lol. It’s more than obvious this was a render. Several trees were floating above the ground, the clovers were pretty big and stiff compared to nature and the tree trunks you can see were made from meshes. Look at the tops. The ground covering is great but prefect which don’t happen in real life. Over all an excellent render and obviously not a photograph. The textures are amazing which is probably what threw everyone off. Great job m8 you’ve definitely gave off inspiration.Cheers

Wow, amazing work! :slight_smile:

anthropoid:
I didnt know there was a competition. Good info!

Oh hey andrew! Great tutorials! I think I may actually join in on your latest competition just for the heck of it.

haha, if you want to show this to people, that would be sweet of you :slight_smile:

ninhalo5:
thanks man, I’ll make some notes from this and make changes in my next render

Wow! Great Job!!!
Congratulations,
Nicolas.

Incredible! I’ve seen many blender nature renders, but this one is the best by far!
Did you use a particle system for the pine needles or was it a texture?
Is that BI or cycles?

Awesome work!
CharlesL

I think the initial suspicions of ‘too good to be true’ speak volumes to the awesomeness of this. Beautiful work.

Top nocht work! This is one of the most realistic nature scene I ever seen in my life. 5 stars from here

Dude, this is freakin’ awesome.
You should post it at the CGTalk Forum. I bet you’ll get an Excellence Award; plus, we need more Blender “power” in the forums.

Congrats!

This is absolutely fabulous ! Congratulations to this achievement.
I especially like the way you achieved the parts with the countless objects (needles, little plants) to not look repetitive at all. It just so … natural.
Very good !

Just beautiful! Keep pushing blender to the limit!

Rock Star!!

5* with a big congrats
just hope you dind’t made it for blenderguru competition :wink: . if this is the case all competitors have been doomed.

can we just expect tuto or a blendswap file?

Very impressive! I’m blown away by your render, so convincing congratulations…

I’m I nuts and this comment doesn’t just apply to this young mans post and nice render here. A artist, any artist, needs to learn the rules first and then become at home with the tools of the trade. Now of course the tools here are Blender and not pen and ink or oil brushes. But, the vision has been the thing through the centuries. The art itself if you will. Done by individuals who first studied composition, line, negative space, center of interest, path taken by the viewers eye and color. And, much on this site indicates the artist had more then a grasp of that. Some outstanding work regardless of the medium. Hell, way better then anything I have done in CG graphics. But, then you arrive at the comments. Where it seems to be nothing but technique being mentioned. Like you I have seen some terrible work done in Blender where no one took notice of the complete lack of a center of interest. But, yet everyone went off on the technique. Like a modifier or nodes could have saved the effort. As if technique and only technique will make your work better and you a artist in every sense of the word. Hey, no time for art classes at a junior college. Well, just Google the shit up. I suspect art composition might take you there. Ok, the ghost is out of here. At seventy four my nap is coming up fast. Blender is nothing but a brush. Just a tool of the trade. However, maybe I missed the whole point. Maybe the point is to be a technician with a art director doing the creative stuff. And, having been a blue collar worker I can appreciate that too. Oh, yeah the nap thing.

Great work, major4z! Excellent usage of Blender and Cycles!

I am in awe

Can you please show us all the models you used as particles? I’d love to see all the different sticks and moss particles (?), and all the other different things that were repeated many times up close.