GPS14's sketchbook

I can only apologize for my ignorance, but I’m confused on the workflow for the dragon. You started out sculpting it, then retopologized it and now on to mulitres. I’m just wondering why?.. for other details that are better suited with multires modeling? BTW, it’s looking great! Keep it up.

Thanks. The first sculpt was dynatopo, so that I could model the basic shape. It had terrible topology and could not be rigged. I then retopologized it, which lost most of the detail (that I shouldn’t have bothered sculpting in the first place), but had good topology for animation. Now I add a multires modifier to sculpt the detail back in for the render. This way I can work with it with low, but good topology, and still get good detail in the render. Here it is rigged and sculpted:[ATTACH=CONFIG]394636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]394637[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]394638[/ATTACH]

The pics weren’t working.

Some more:

Thanks for the details! It helps me to know what to look for in the future… this dragon’s looking sweet!

Very nice dragon, now you have to texture it :slight_smile:

Wow! Everything in here, at first looked a little noobish… Then I saw the Dragon… STUNNING!

My new, super realistic horse!

And a fish…

Some more views:

Wow! I love the fish, and I’ve seen tons of those horses… Really realistic :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, I’m glad the realism of my horse made a good impression on you. Here’s another realistic model I spent a few hours on.
A self-portrait!

Here’s what I look like from the front:

Terrific! I imagine you’d look just like that! :wink: Now what planet did you say you were from again?

There isn’t an English name for it.
I flew here in This:

This is my first attempt at hard surface modeling, so critiques would be apriciated

How do I change the thread icon?

And here’s a portrait of my older brother…

I’ve coloured the UFO:

This one’s no relative of mine. Inspired by one of Doris’s sculpts, and some eyeless cave fish I saw a picture of a few years back. I might do some more work on him later on, but here he is for now:

Well, here he is. I’m calling him Bob, for the moment.

I’ll post more pics when he’s rigged. I wish I could delete all the trashy portrait sculpts at the beginning and just stick to this style.