Golden Eagle

It’s amazing!

This looks really good, I can;t wait to use strand myself for my upcoming project :slight_smile:

This is great. The bird looks real. Did you hand paint the beak texture? The beak looks straight out of Audubon.

The eyes do show different lights instead of one for the sun. The branches are a little too fuzzy for as clear as the Eagle is. From looking at all my wife’s pictures if the branches were that fuzzy parts of the eagle would also be blurry.

Ok, If you want me to critique some more I am available while I work on my chrome sphere on checkerboard floor. LOL

Very thanks for the comments all of you guys![URL="/u/B-Rae

B-Rae, I really should have worked more on the feathers and bottom, still want to do another bird and will try to improve these aspects it =]

@Bernardo, thanks! I modeled in “box modeling”, then did the fine details in “sculpt”, did the mesh opening with “mark seam” to texture, then painted in different shades mesh with “weight paint” to make the distribution of the "hair “I was setting up the materials and properties and” combing “in” edit particle ", with it mounted the backdrop and I was doing render tests to achieve a satisfactory result =]

then I will take the time to post some prints of the process.

@RickyBlender, was in the “internal render”. I posted a picture up there showing some of the process feathers, but then I will separate more images more detailed =]

@mookie3d, many thanks my friend! I made a slight “post” in Gimp, to improve the color saturation and make the blur, the part of the hair has no retouching on “post”, but really the effect of hair seemed to paint it, I’ll see how to improve this next work involving feathers, =]

are you gong to try it in cycles?
should be even better i think!

but would be intereting how these feathers where done
is it like the tut on fluffy feathers from cgcookie ?

thanks

Outstanding good work!

make it splash screen for 2.67 or 3.0

This is awesome!!!

wow i love the material of the beak!
The eyes looks so alive. Good job!

Excellent, makes me want to spend more time on my projects!

Wow…truly Amazing work…Ricardo 3D is Blender Master :slight_smile:

Very thanks guys![URL="/u/RickyBlender

RickyBlender, Not yet tested it in cycles. About the feathers, I have not seen this tut you mentioned, I did the same for Own Account, by trial =]

Amazing feather. great details and simple background, loved it :smiley:

What a great image

Very nice! Birds are quite hard to capture realistically, but you did it well here. Worthy of being the splash screen for Blender 2.67!

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

Thanks guys!

This is a awesome work, well done with the hair :slight_smile:

I very much like the painterly feel of this. Excellent work!!

Great job. You really nailed the beak.