Giants of the Earth Film Thread

Trying to model the cockpit…

Pure suxor.

ok. enough of this for today…

Gunner seat is done.

gunner seat is done. Cockpit will look similar.

all the while, I am quietly rendering shots for the next scene…

the progress between each shot and the next is apparent, i love the compositing , depth of field and style, good job so far

WOW!Awesome work so far!

working on the next scene…

Kind of looks wierd, but I needed that “Home camera” kind of feel…

Daren – Is the kid the albino guy?

Yep – not in this scene, but soon, we will see how he lost his hair and turned white…

Some screen shots

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/6048583422_a664017044_z.jpg
1.1_0049 by dx3_1979, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6188/6048583620_953b4bdfbf_z.jpg
1.2_0345 by dx3_1979, on Flickr

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6048032209_74e9cd92e1_z.jpg
1.5_1591 by dx3_1979, on Flickr

Daren – Your skills are improving. It’s amazing what you’ve done with the characters you’ve modeled.

Giants in the Earth Scene F2
OK, I finally finished the next scene in my movie (the WIP thread is here)

If you have been following the film thusfar… Lance, an adopted child, and Breanna, also an adopted child, met in physics class, and shortly thereafter became the targets of maniacal cyborgs (whose purpose is yet to be seen) Throughout some time, Breanna and Lance came to care for each other, but as they were expressing their feelings, The cyborg, Pan, returns, resulting in a massive fight leaving Breanna dead and Lance severely wounded. Pan takes Lance, half dead to his base, and sends Cerberus the dog to capture his birth mother, to take care of his wounds.

This scene begins here. With his brithmother, who is a nurse by occupation, cares for his wounds as she remembers back to Lance as a child, with sadness and joy.

Not my best work, but the scene was critical for the rest of the plot development.

Wow, amazing work! Is this just a hobby? If it is, you have a ton of dedication.
Hope you can get good voice actors. The dialogue is great, but bad acting could spoil everything.
I saw you’ve got a verse from the bible in there. Does the movie have a Christian theme? I might be more interested to keep up with it if it did.

it does have a Christian theme. Not overtly, but allegorical. but the bible provides the foundation for the story, especially the Nephilim. The bummer is, unless people follow the story through to the end, they will probably burn me as a heretic somewhere in the middle.

I haven’t noticed any Christian theme, allegorical or otherwise. But then again I am one who doesn’t recognize any Christian allegory in Chronicles of Narnia.

Daren, maybe if you tell me what the Christian theme or allegory is, I will get it.

Well, this will be revealed soon so I’ll say…
Genesis 6:4
“There were Giants in the Earth in those days, and also afterwords when the sons of God came to the daughters of men and bare them children…”

In the hebrew “Giants in the Earth” is from the word “Nephilim” which is a word no one is quite sure about anymore. But the phrase “Sons of God” only appears a few other times in the bible, and it always refers to Angels and or fallen angels (demons)

So I ask the question, what if that happened today? What if a demon impregnated a woman? What would it be like for that child? What would it be like for that woman? (you are starting to see that in the last video, she was kind of messed up, which is very common for victims of violent crime, my mom works in a crisis pregnancy center, she deals with it too often) Why would they do this? What is their purpose? How does he fit into Christian theology? He will have to come to terms with himself and find purpose in the mess that surrounds his life. He will have to accept that perhaps he is here “for such a time as this” and that “no greater love has anyone, than they lay down their life for a friend”

Soon you will see that Erebus is at war, and building an army, different factions from “the four corners of the earth” with these half breeds as the main warriors. This is why they want Lance. This is all I will say for now, because these things will be revealed shortly.

Hopefully.

Now I think I see where you’re going. When I watched the video, I was wondering about Lance’s father, then I remembered back a couple of videos. I didn’t think of the characters as demons though. They appear more like robots or cyborgs. It will be a good twist seeing that Erebus is Lance’s father.

Damn, you have done A LOT in this project! And everyone can see your skills are improving!

Didn’t have the time to read it all carefully, but that’s my opinion!
And as someone said, if you have a “couple of hours” do a 20 sec short, i’d love to see that with your skills!

Keep it up!

I hope you don’t see where I am going too much… But one thing – Erebus is not Lance’s father. Lance is a “child of the Seven” (from scene E2)

There are 2 angels (the Seraphs, ie “flaming ones” or serpents from the Hebrew) that are above the ark of the covenant in heaven in Issaih 6:6 and Rev. 4:8 and there are 4 cherubim (in Ezikiel 1:26 and 10:15)that surround the throne of God in heaven

But Revelation says that Satan was cast out, and implies 1/3 of the angels with him (Revelation 9:3-12) …
So, if there are 4 cherubs surrounding the throne of God now, does that mean there was originally 6? and if there are 2 seraphs above the throne, were there originally three?

And the Seraph who fell… flaming one and serpent
Lucifer, angel of light and the old serpent…

Perhaps he was the highest, and directly ruled the Cherubs, (Lucifer plus the 6, makes 7) and what became of the two cherubs who fell? They would probably occupy a big place, even in the kingdom of Satan…

Now, Satan will not be in this film, perhaps mentioned, but he is not father to anyone, but other high ranking angels and demons may…