Giants of the Earth Film Thread

Here are some test renders from the tutorial:

The animation tutorial set has been arranged in a playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=E114248826D8D0CC

storyboarding…ughhh…

Here is a test image of a integral part to the next scene…

Previews of the Scene to come (let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Things are about to get nasty…

Your modelling/compositing is really good, and your aesthetic is memorable as well as enjoyable. However, I have a hard time watching because of the captioning/lack of lip sync and voice acting. There’s also the animation, which is at some times really smooth and realistic, and at other times really odd and unnatural or even anime style.

Seriously though, you seem to be doing a pretty good job up to this point. You probably don’t want to spend hours and hours setting up lip sync and then even longer waiting for everything to re-render again. That’s not even taking into account the time it takes to get voice actors together and record all the speaking. Still though, it’s a little odd to see this mixture of high-tec 3D with silent film and then occasional freeze shots and stuff. It may be a new style(or an old one), but I’m not used to it yet.

Well, I don’t know which vids you are referring too, but some of these are older and I have learned a lot, and as far as voice acting lip syncing – ee gads man did you never play final fantasy VII, VIII, or IX? these games had some ofthe best animation and storytelling ever, with no voices…

But truth be told – I would love to do voices, but finding a willing female voice actor is difficult (Thank God I did find one, or she found me) and so the next vid will have voices…

but no lip sync. Mostly because I never set up my models for that… Will have to live with it… :slight_smile:

Yea, you’re already doing way more than I have the patience or skill to do. I can get used to this style, especially with voices.

Well, it had to happen…

So, the question is, this next scene has a combat reticle, Sintel and Proog on stage and the main characters making out… How does it all fit together?

So, I have been making this film and am working on the next scene for submission to an animation festival the college has here annually.

I have been working with the title “Giants of the Earth” but really I want to call it Giants in the Earth – because Genesis 6:4 is a big part of the story…

but that title is taken by a classic American novel…

So, should I go with Giants int the Earth, which is more relevant to the biblical reference

or stick with Giants of the Earth, so as not to be confused with the novel?

Thanks!

Sample Frame for the upcoming scene…

Giants of the Earth Scene E4
Giants on the Earth Scene E4
The scene is finished!

Special thanks to Alicia Russell, for lending her beautiful voice, Robert S. Benjamin for his help as the paramedic. you can look forward to more from him, if he is willing.

trust me, the first two minutes is good the next 4 is great.

And yes, that is Sintel and Proog twins with mohawks making cameos!

part of this was in my tutorial set

http://blenderartists.org/forum/show...are-now-online

Pan – the bad guy — is available on Blendswap.

http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/characters/pan/

I noticed that the animation speed matches the same speed of the cut scenes from Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9. Despite that fact, I still have a long way to go with my animations when dealing with timing and speed. So I’ll go back to my lair in the cave and work on mine some more before I post any more up.

I am not sure what you mean about my timing Xero? But thanks for watching. And dont’ get depressed. It takes time. And sleep deprivation. And critiques. That helps a lot for someone else to watch and say “it’s too slow” Because we slave over an animation and want to savor every frame, but then to everyone else it is like a turtle in quicksand.

some modelling for upcomings.
Forum says this message is too short

To Come

The next scene is in the works…

Here are some frame renders from the next scene.