gee gee

ahh okay, wasnt sure if it was a shader you had built yourself but it definitely explains why it looks photorealistic :slight_smile:
the topology on the face is awesome, looks really smooth and flows really well :slight_smile:

A lilā€™ walktrough vid of how you got to there and the techniques you used would be perfect.

:smiley:

Great great work, still looking for my jaw on the floor xD

VERY nice! A detailed tutorial would be wonderful!

I tried making a tutorial once, it was much harder than the actual modeling part and it was a horrible failure.
I think I could give some tips I like to stick by:
ā€¢keep everything in edge loops so itā€™s easier to add details later on
ā€¢Learn to keep everything in quad geometry.
ā€¢Use references. The result will look much nicer than without any.
ā€¢and uhā€¦ I cant really think of anything else, this is just ordinary modeling.

sorry :o

ha! Didnā€™t you post this on /3/? Great to see a fellow t/3/apot here. Never realised you used blender.

Great work.

Itā€™s a great model but what I like most about it is that her eyes look as if they are looking at something.

Oh wow, considering thereā€™s 8 people on /3/, this could be a miracle. See ya there later anon.
Thanks.

really impressive! nice job.

Nice work. Can you post a close up wire render of her armpits? You seem to have done a great job there. Whenever I model a full body, when I rotate the arms down the results arenā€™t very nice.

Iā€™m not too proud of the shoulder topology. I modeled the shoulders in their rest position rather than a ā€˜Tā€™ position because the character will be in that position more than with uplifted arms. This means I have to use bone driven shape keys to get it to look like this.

You should use topology that looks more like this other personā€™s. Itā€™ll simulate muscles and deform better than what I have right now.

Hope that helps.

Oh. So thatā€™s how it is. So the bones on top of the shoulders and the elbows control the shape keys? Is that right?

yep thats right, but right now I only have a shape key bone driver set up for the shoulder, so it would look like this.

Its a little cluttered but I think this includes everything there is to this driver setup.

Okay. I get it now. So this setup doesnā€™t give you problems when animating the arm? I mean, Iā€™ve also done something like this but the shape key is directly controlled by the biceps bone. So when I rotated the biceps down from rest position, the shape keys kick in. But then when I rotated it, from there, up about 90 degrees in front, it produces undesirable ones.:frowning:

Have you tried creating one driver system for both axises of rotation? As in, one shape key for up and down movement and one for front to back movement. I tried this just now and Iā€™m pretty happy with the results.

Letā€™s use private messages if we have to and let this thread die, I think people are getting sick of seeing this thread by now.

Nah, man. Keep updating your progress. You have nice comments on your earlier progress posts.:slight_smile:

I havenā€™t tried that one but Iā€™ve thought of that. I just didnā€™t wanna get too complicated on shape keys. To be honest, I really donā€™t like working with shape keys coz I find it tedious.:mad: Iā€™d rather work with bones to produce the results I want. Although Iā€™m gonna give it another shot coz your model looks great. Keep it up.:RocknRoll:

hehe, sure thing. Thanks for the motivation.

If no one else is going to say it, I will: That is the NICEST derrier I have ever seenā€¦ now that the shallow side of my artistic critiquing is over, I have to say that this model is godawfully amazing work. Beautiful and stunning are the best word I can use to describe this. 5+*s

Nice character. If you donā€™t like the idea of giving the .blend out, you could always sell it. Iā€™m sure there would be several people on here who would buy your figure for a reasonable price.

I already am :o
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m working pretty hard to fix up the rig as much as I can.
if it was up to me, Id price this as cheaply as I could, but that wouldnt be fair to the other sellers, so Iā€™m going with $75 which I get half of.

I say you step it up to $80.00. She deserves more. :slight_smile: Hey, can you do a tutorial or at least a Making Of for me to learn more about the whole process. I can model and rig but this is a new approach. The hair, for starters, is made of a plane or planes. I canā€™t seem to perfect the approach. Iā€™ve tried doing it before but wasnā€™t that successful on the process. :frowning: