Gaivota Rocking Chair BI

@harleynut97: Thank you! :slight_smile: That is definitely a Pirates mug, with the old logo(showing my age). :stuck_out_tongue: Let’s go Bucs! :smiley:

The sunlight was a nice addition, Vicky. But I feel that the scene gets darker from post to post :slight_smile: Mostly because all materials (except the floor) are changing to dark materials. Which mood are you going for in the end, if I may ask?

Everything is going to get much brighter with the addition of some blurred gloss, so I think it’s going to be fine. For inspiration I have always loved this picture:

I haven’t even turned on any environment or done an AO pass, so this picture will certainly look a lot different in the end. Not really sure I have a “mood”, but I seem to be leaning more towards the warmer side, maybe late morning, although I have been experimenting with cooler lighting as well. I have learned a few things recently about lighting and post-pro, so this will be a good place to test it all out :slight_smile:

really sharp stuff here…

I like.

Have you tried a dark floor? might be good.

A pillow? needs something soft there someplace…a curtain? some lace?

hmmm…don’t know…

anyway I am really enjoying seeing you make progress…keep up the excellent work.

-j

@James_Z: Thank you so much! :slight_smile: I have tried a darker floor with blurred gloss, and it does look pretty good, might be my next update :slight_smile: I’m kind of torn between a dull older floor(which I like), and a nice glossy floor(which might be TOO nice for a rocking chair to be rocking on it). Certainly going to be a pillow sitting in the chair, and possibly curtains too, we shall see :slight_smile: Thanks again!

OK, so here’s the pillow! :stuck_out_tongue: I know…not very exciting, but I’m adding a particle system to the fringe, should look kind of cool :slight_smile:

ROFL…

thanks I needed that pillow !

Keep on experimenting, Vicky. It’s always nice to see a master at work :slight_smile:

@minoribus: Master?? I think you’ve mistakenly posted on the wrong thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Does the pillow break the fall of the coconuts? :slight_smile: Planning on any adding any fabrics for it?

Haha! I actually made that background in Vue a while back, got bored with the default in Sculptris. Textures on the pillow…yes! I have a few designs I am working with :slight_smile: The particle settings are giving me fits though, I can’t quite get what I want, but I know what’s going on now…I think :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a quick render with a dark floor. It’s the same floor as the first few posts, I just adjusted the color in the mat settings. It needs more samples of course, and I have to lower the threshold, this is just a test :slight_smile:

‘these are few of my favorite things…’

yes.

pillow= warm happy place

:slight_smile:

@James_Z: Haha! Thanks! :slight_smile: Still working on the fringe for the pillow, haven’t gotten anything I like yet :stuck_out_tongue: I do like the floor a lot, but I only used 30 samples here, it’s going to look really cool with proper settings, I think. :yes:

Lookin’ very impressive, Vicky!

Loving it. Great job.

@ThorntonStrolia: Thanks Thor! :slight_smile:

@TalllPaul: Thanks very much! :slight_smile:

I keep leaning toward liking the darker floor more. Looks like you gave up on the fringee stuf on the pillow, but I like the fabric you went with.

Here are some pics of a node setup I thought of when I saw your pillow, copied from THIS thread… a sort of satin finish you might like for the gold and black. IDK what your future intentions are. As it sits, it looks a little plasticy, so I thought I might throw this out there just incase your where interested. I have used it and loved it.

This is improving from post to post.