FPS Survivor: AI_Survivor [Free downloadable demo available]

Hey mossa,

The color choice has been deliberate. I’m sticking with shades of blue/green. At least that area of the color wheel. I’ve been tweaking the contrast/brightness of the textures to give some more variation and to make the limited color palette slightly more subtle.

I would like to draw a bit more focus to the bridge, as it is the main focal point of the map.

I’m making good progress re-doing the logic. It’s always better/easier the second time around!

So far I have in place:
Basic foundation FPS set up,
Primary/secondary weapon system,
Placeable turrets,
Multiple spawn points for enemies.

Could somebody advise on multiple levels? What I’ve done so far, is to have a template Blender scene which has all the logic, cameras etc. When I create a new level, I just create a copy of the scene and append the map and navesh I want to use. This works, but I can’t help but think it is horribly inefficient as I’m copying the whole game logic for every map. It also isn’t great if I would want to make changes to the logic, because then I would have to do it to every single map. The main/pause menu are additional scenes. Is this the ‘proper’ way of handling multiple levels?

I’ve finished the logic for placeable sentry turrets and that is now all fully working. I’m now working on placeable mines.

One version of placeable turrets.

Hey guys,

I finally have a small demo for you! Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fNHFFEy8SKbFhoa2dwZjRuQ28/view?usp=sharing

Please ignore the design of the menu and HUD for now, I still need to work on those design/functionality wise.

Pick-ups in the game are unlimited at the moment just to make testing a bit easier.

Your feedback is really appreciated! Theres still a LOT of ironing to do!! :slight_smile: If you could let me know the feelings about the following questions that would be great!

-Do you think the turrets are overpowered? If so, how do you think they should be limited? Reduced range? Sight angle, fire rate?
-The enemy AI needs some work, but how do you think the bots should act? Maybe some dodging etc?
-Is the break time long enough? If not, how long should it be?
-Do the rounds increase evenly in difficulty? At the moment I think I just spawn 2*current round of enemies(Round 1 = 2 enemies, Round 2 = 4 enemies etc).
-What round did you get up to?
-Is the map big enough or would you prefer bigger/smaller maps?

Thank you!

Khm… I’m sorry, but I use linux…:confused:

Hey adriansnetlis. Sorry to here you can’t try it! Although, I have got myself linux on a USB so when I get round to installing linux on my computer I will make a linux version available :slight_smile:

Linux version of demo now available to download!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fNHFFEy8SKeE5DN0ExSVY1MVk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks! I will test it out;)

Can’t run… maybe you have 32-bit?

Can’t run… maybe you have 32-bit?

I exported from Blender in Ubuntu 64 bit. Are you using 32 bit? If so I guess thats why it wont run. Was there any errors? I’m afraid I don’t know linux well at all so I might not be able to figure out what the problem is.

I use ubuntu 14.10 64-bit… I have similar issue with Silicone 2, but there is said, so it is for 32-bit, so that’s clear for me…

hmm okay. What happens when you try to run? I wll try to solve if you give me as much info :slight_smile:

Like I said though, I only installed Linux on my computer for the first time ever yesterday so I might have a hard time trying to figure it out unless somebody else knows the problem :slight_smile:

I’ll upload the blend file for you. I’ll let you know when that’s complete. Maybe you could try exporting to run time for me? and see if it works for you?

OK! I double click the x-executable/application file that you have in folder(simplified- the .exe) and nothing happens at all. Usually when I export games they work… Maybe check out this and download the latest. Tell me if you can run it. I exported it: http://www.blender-projects.com/projects/6th-gear-racing-game Download the latest v1.1.5 file…

I lied about 64 bit. When I open ‘About this computer’, OS type says 32 bit. Doh! Is there an easy way to upgrade to 64 bit? Or do I have to completely re-install? And if I do upgrade to 64 bit, will be with 32 not be able to play? Meaning I will have to export to both? I’m already dual booting on this computer and my laptop is a pile of crap that wont dual boot :frowning: I might have to get another computer to have all three OS on. hmm must be a better way!

I think so the bits depends on your CPU. I am not sure if 32-bit processors can handle 64-bits… Of course, I can help you exporting, if you need…

I’ve had a little look around and it turns out there is an addon that allows to export to different platforms from one device so I’m going to experiment with that and hopefully get that up and running

Hey, do you want to give this a try. Fingers crossed it will work for you now! :slight_smile:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3fNHFFEy8SKQXhwQmxycUxpVHc&authuser=0

Demo video

Works now…

Woo!! That was a pain! But its reassuring now that I have the exporter set up properly for all platforms I’m exporting too :slight_smile: Let me know what you think!