Four Seasons

As a CG enthusiast, I must applaud loudly !
As a violin maker though, I have to say that you’ve made a very strange looking scroll…

Oops… Didn’t I compliment already?
Nice work! I love both versions of the project. Gets my stars.

Very great work! Enough said. Really love the winter part. Very beautiful. Could you post the four seasons independently?

Nice job! The only thing that I noticed is that the grass is a little dark. Other than that, it’s amazing.

Thanks! Though I hardly expected this project to be inspected by a Luthier. :stuck_out_tongue: It looks strange because it was hard-surface modeled instead of sculpting. I went through more than 50 versions before I was satisfied with what you see now, though. I just checked out your own violin project and I’m amazed. :slight_smile: Really top-shelf work, sir!

I like it a lot; it is what art is all about imo. The name evokes something and we get it, just not quite what we were expecting.

I prefer the original render to the suggestions; the only slight tweak I would consider is lightening the top scene up.

I’d also prefer to see this featured to some others; but that it perhaps down to taste. :slight_smile:

This is really COOL! Love the design and the concept is very original. Nice job!

Big thumbs up on invigorating the four seasons in 3D by challenging yourself with difficult aspects! That’s incredible and turned out to be a great success.

I’m not smart enough to do this at the moment, BUT I wonder, as an added challenge, if using the ivy would have worked in Winter to create what’s called hoar frost. The samples you used were good and the material nodes successful, but that extra, creeping-along-the-edge aspect of frost on the violin would be a fascinating alternative use to ivy. Just a thought. Delightful concept and execution as is!

Dude, this is beautiful.

Love the whole thing, but my favorite part is winter. I love the painted look of it. This really should be on a four seasons CD cover or a concert program…Or the wall of a music room! Really fun to look at!

The idea is absolutely pure-genius. There might be some exposure issues in the first and maybe the last frames, but all that is beside the point. I especially like the “Winter” shot. A totally creative commercial-graphics idea.

I’m so glad you like it! From the feedback I’m getting, I probably need to do an entire frame with just winter :slight_smile:

This is incredible. The second I saw that I thought the Four Seasons, which is a testament to how good it is.

Congratulations! It’s beautiful

Well Done! I’m not sure this if this is what you implied by this, but I see this as music can entwine with all times of the year (that sounds a bit corny I know). Either way good job! :yes:

Honestly, this has to be the coolest idea i have ever scene, makes me awant to make like a park with four seasons. i like both versions, but i like the first verzion of fall and the second of the others, if you could do this combo it will blow my mind. Great work, ive oicially been inspired. :slight_smile:

@Hansen- Awesome concept!! dont even change details… so beautiful… i am sure my sister loves it…

@Dawn Yes, I’m glad someone grasped that! My idea was to portray the flexibility of sound that the violin contains.
@Dova Not sure exactly what you mean,

“the first verzion of fall and the second of the others.”
If you explain that part, I’d be happy to oblige.
@Istux Don’t change the details? Alright. That takes a load off my chest! :stuck_out_tongue: (I was dreading to re-render and composite this one)

awesome! very very very cool! and i also like the ‘winter’ frame a lot too :). one preference: i think it would be fun to see the violin replaced with an electric guitar or something. but the violin is great too (i only play guitar, so of course i dont know much about violins)

I don’t think I’m going to make another instrument for this particular project at this time, but maybe I’ll come back to it later and do that. :slight_smile: