First Person Template: Obstacles, Crouching, Swimming, Inclines...

I updated to 2.54 (see first post). It was not much to change, just all “GameLogic” had to be replaced with bge.logic. I remind you however, that I don’t work actively on the template anymore except for fixing some version incompatibilities if needed. This template is free to use and hack for everyone.

@Raiderium: thanks for your feedback:
Standing and walking on a moving train will work if you give the train surface a friction value of 5+. Regarding the water physics, it depends on the point of view I guess: water will always draw you down and therefore you occasionally must swim against gravity to remain on top of the water surface, which results in bobbing. This applies to reality as well.

A smoother acceleration when moving could be done, though not really necessary. Also I think some calculations with deltaTime must be added to prevent slow-motion jumping on slow framerates.

Btw. after I’ve seen how other game engines implement a player object it seems, that most of them still prefer a dynamic activation/deactivation of player physics and mostly only do a simple height-check off the floor. This approach however would require an additional workaround on moving trains.

This is due to a recent commit from Campbell where he says it’s best for the Python area if modules weren’t just auto-imported.

So the ancient line import.GameLogic is needed again if you want to keep the GameLogic wording.

darczol
thank you very much, again, to make a 2.54 version!!!
Now, maybe I’ll start to use the @#~~ 2.5 series…
Bye

I AM going to kiss you !!! MMMMMWWWWAHHHHH … (Dont panic, my wife still comes 1st :wink: lol )

THANK YOU soO much :slight_smile:

Thanks.Now my FPS is better.

guys

im using bender 2.56 and the FPS template, i get an error when i make an executable: it can´t find matutils… but in blender it works fine. I check on the forum but i cant really find something about it… anyone knows a solution?

thanks in advanced!
Happylifes

There are many things to know but first of all let me know that if i want to use it in my game then what would you say about this.Is is easy or it may be difficult.Because i am very new to this task.

Not to pester, but it doesn’t work in 2.57.

:ERROR:

Python script error - object ‘Default’, controller ‘cont#CONTR#1’:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Movement.py”, line 158, in <module>
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: ‘NoneType’ and ‘int’

Any suggestions?

Around line 157 - 162. Change the three instances of the term “normalize” to “normalized”… and it works. Woo hoo.

Thanks!!:D:D

you sir are a dude, big thanks for the blends.

Dear Equip
thank you very much for the “little” tip!
Bye

Hey guy, your job is “fantastic”:eek:

nice, and thanks “equip” for the quick fix :slight_smile:

it dosen’t work nooooooo

MrFlipFlop
it works very well to me, even with the new 2.59 version!
Be sure to apply the tips that user Equip posted above!
Bye

Hello! Nice fix equip! Here to say that the pull up on object no longer works on 2.57 and above! It lifts you up, but afterwards you cannot move :smiley:

Im using 2.59, and it doesnt seem to work for me. Is there a fix for this?

Please make a 2.6 version :slight_smile:

Thank you so very much took me 3 weeks:o ,but finally found this ty ty ty:RocknRoll: will give credit in my game:yes::wink: