First full-featured 3d-modeling software for Android tablets

Yes, Java mostly (with OpenGL).

the mere size of the program - Spacedraw may well be the most complex app yet for Android (or iOS, as for that matter).

1000 verts is stupidly low for the demo. That spiral tube on your web page has more than 1000 verts.

well, you get the full version for $12 regularly - compare this to Maya / 3DS Max. (Spacedraw has many features Blender does not, e.g. “Patches” (like 3DS Max, or the inflate / diverge tools (see the documentation), and has unique support for multi-touch and motion-sensors)

You can test-drive the demo with as many vertices as you want - just can’t save your work.

$12 is a really nice price :slight_smile:

I highly recommend watching these videos, especially the cupcake tutorial, - to see how you can work with Spacedraw when you’ve mastered it, on 4" Smartphone!

• learning from them may require much attention since they are quite fast and without explanation.
    Get them here

Version 1.2 out with many new view-navigation features

• undo/redo view: analogous to normal undo; there’s also a view-history-list
  • view-panel: lets you save and load custom views (with previews)
  • frame selected / frame all: tap the view-zone with 2 / 3 fingers
  • the “perspective distortion” can be adjusted

Further, many fixes and improvements for selection and undo.

A thread dedicated to WIP done with Spacedraw has been established at the CGHub forums here - you are encouraged to post your art there!

Also, there is now a thread to ask for help, exchange advice, and get support from Scalisoft here

More or less the final version of the robot I’m making with Spacedraw (modeling only so far). I linked each object to a hierarchy of parents in order to put it in a pose. My Samsung S3 mini struggles but I’m impressed it can handle that :wink:
Manually unwrapping those curved shapes (I’m working on that) is definitely a fu**ing nightmare. Unwrapping tools please in Spacedraw !!.. it’s so frustrating to loose days for a task that should take 10 minutes.
Anyway, really happy with the modeling result so far. Tons of work on that one.

How I proceed to manually unwrapping every model :

Then it’s only a diffuse texture. All shadows, highlights, impacts, etc. are just painted (I recently got a Note 3 with a pen, so cool).

Kinda agree with most here: unrelated to blender, link is pretty loose.

That being said it is great to see android getting looked at seriously and i can imagine for small items and low poly stuff it could be decent fun.
Interface could be tightened but modelling looks pretty solid!

Definitely unrelated to blender :wink: I saw some tests of taking Blender to Android using OpenGL but it’s an aborted project for the moment :confused:
There are still some issues with Spacedraw but modeling is definitely working really fine now.
Scalisoft will release a reworked interface. But when you get used to it, as it is, it’s actually possible to work really fast.

Some modifications on the robot scene. Still have a lot to do but it’s taking shape. I’ll make a proper weapon and modify the fighting stance a bit.

I keep working on Spacedraw when no computer is around. Here are the last scenes I worked on.

Test 20 : Monster heavily inspired from Laufman’s great designs.

3D Modeling on Android test 21 :

Spacedraw Test 22 finished :wink: Tricky manual unwrapping again for this one. Really need an unwrapping tool in Spacedraw :frowning: Doing that by hand in the viewport quad by quad is insane (although it’s a good way to understand how unwrapping without stretching works)

Manual Unwrapping :

I uploaded the .spa scene here for those who work on Spacedraw and want to have a look at it in the viewport :
22-Room.7z (2.8 MB)

Latest scenes finished or not, as I stopped using Spacedraw. Finally have a computer again !

Spacedraw WIP Test23

Race track WIP :

Corridor, inspired by Shadowgun on Android. Easily the most advanced of all my Spacedraw tests. I like the result, pretty cool to do that with just a phone :slight_smile:

I’m done with Spacedraw. But it was quiet a great experience.
Especially when you are, like I was for a while, abroad in a really poor country, far from computer shops and stable electricity :wink:

Cheers.

2 Likes