First full-featured 3d-modeling software for Android tablets

Portability and use whilst in less than office-like conditions. Whilst I would not hav purchased the iPad Mini were it not required for my job (I write iOS software), I do find it immensely handy when on the train, in a taxi, in waiting rooms, etc. Prior to that, I found the Galaxy Tab 10.1 the better option (and I’ll likely be even more impressed with the Nexus Note should I get one for testing).

Laptops are far more portable than a desktop setup and it makes presentations & development at a client site much easier plus you can work in trains, planes, cafes, etc where a desktop setup is not possible.

If you are welded to your office/study desk, I can understand why tablets & laptops don’t do it for you. If you re one of us who works on the move - laptops are essential and tablets are useful.

I really like the idea behind this. The app design looks clear and all both the ui and the 3D navigation.
Unfortunately when I do the introduction tutorial nothing ever appears when I try to create the ngon. Also sometimes when I rotate the view it gets stuck in “shaky mode” where the view keeps shaking a bit. Any updates/bug fixes coming soon? I’ll be watching this one.
Send from a note 8. Much more convenient on the road than both a desktop and laptop :slight_smile:

I have this program on my Androind Phone, it’s awesome!

First it was hard to control, but tutorials helped.
This application has so many functions ( and i mean really a lot of functions ), beginning from loop cut through split and twist to intelligent, high level modeling.

It doesn’t lags. It’s ‘‘Blender in your pocket’’

This is great news, although it does need to look at its navigation of the 3D scene again: its just not helpful in anyway, nor can I find a video that shows how it is controlled with finger movements.

Here is what I would do…

Have 3 icons on the left-hand of the side of the screen, each one for the user to press and hold(or at least toggle) with their thumb and then with another finger(from either hand) drag around the screen to perform the action itself. When one of these buttons is held down, show a tooltip - where visible - to say what it is and how to use it. Basic navigation will become a lot easier for new-comers.

Actually, I fimd navigation in the viewport very easy as is. You don’t need to fumble in a small place with small buttons since pretty much half the screen is used for all your navigation needs without restricting what you can see or edit! In theory anyway because I cannot get a mesh to appear. I get the nice options to tell me the rings and segments, but not the actual mesh :slight_smile:

I began to use Spacedraw maybe 4 months ago. It’s quiet puzzling to start with it when you come from Blender or Max. But when you get used to it, the interface is actually amazing. So many bright ideas in there to model with one or more fingers.

I share with you some screenshots of my works. 100% made on Samsung S3 Mini with Spacedraw

Spacedraw needs improvements but it’s still a young app and I read that Scalisoft worked hard on an update those last two months. It will be released soon on the store. Much more accurate selection in viewport, orthographic view, improved tripod XYZ, lots of crash issues resolved, snapping and copy improved, hide/unhide fixed and a freeze/unfreeze option, and so on…

HanSoloCambo.

Never finished that one. A bit too hard with what I understand so far of Spacedraw :

A few more tests. All by chronological order. I’m still learning and discovering some tools or functions of tools I thought I knew.

Recently there are a lot of necromancers wandering at this place. First post on Spacedraw on a blender related forum - strange.

It’s a blender forum. But I welcome the idea that modeling is now possible on touchscreens.“Necromancer” ? 3D Modeling by multi touching a screen on a mobile phone sounds more like a “future” already there to me :wink: I’m glad to see what seems to be brilliant coders develop such pioneer application. Tablets and phones have 8 cores and 3D is coming also on those screen.

Last 3 scenes I finished recently. For those who are tempted, like I’ve been, by the idea of modeling from anywhere, using their tab or phone.

I have spacedraw for my droid tablet, was free from amazon, but it crashes every single time i try to do anything… shame… maybe the reason it was free was it’s an old buggy build…

Blender on tablets works really great!! :slight_smile:

Together with raypump e.g. you can make a full working environment out of it!

You JUST have to get the right tablet :slight_smile:

I´m very happy with my acer w 700 / win 8 pro 64 and blender works very nice on it…

What is Andoid, by the way?? :wink:

Are there any tutorials out there for it cause i’ve got it installed on my kindle fire HD and can’t figure out how to use it.

A new version will be on the store very soon, probably this week. I’ll test it and make some video tutorials of what I know of Spacedraw.
Here is the last scene I just finished today. Modeling, Vertex Coloring, manual unwrapping, etc. done with Spacedraw on Samsung S3 mini + some Android painting apps.

There is: http://www.scalisoft.com/quickstart.htm. And soon there’ll also be interactive tutorials in Spacedraw.

the latest public version is actually quite bugged and lacks a lot of essential features. For his amazing work, hansolo was actually using beta versions of Spacedraw 1.1, that fixes over 20 bugs and adds more than 10 important features.
Spacedraw 1.1 will be released tomorrow, and further extensive updates will follow soon, and bring i.a. fundamental usability improvements, interactive tutorials, a complete revision of the painting tools, and a substantial performance increase!

the new version is online now on Google Play, Amazon and SlideMe, sorry for the delay!

Wow, an update. I’ve just purchased my first smart phone(Heiwai Ascend y300) and would like an app like this to play around with in my breaks at work. Its time for a more serious attempt with this promising software…

Just a question though: I assume this was written in Java, being on Android? What are the biggest challenges you face with the development of SpaceDraw?

I’m not a programmer at all but from what I understood Android Native Development Kit enables Java and/or C/C++. Which opens endless perspectives for talented coders.

I just began yesterday to post tutorials for Spacedraw on Youtube. I’ll post more. Just look for “Spacedraw” in YouTube. Sorry for the poor quality. All my modelings are made with a Samsung S3 Mini. And screen recording + modeling kinda make my CPUs suffer :wink:

improved version 1.1.2 online

the .spa files of hansolocambo’s 12 elaborate scenes shown in the gallery on the website are now freely available there!

Key on sale 1 more day (until March 10, 23:59 PST) for $2.99 instead of $11.99