Feedback needed by 7/28/14!!!! Help me! Please!

This is my latest update… I’m not thrilled with it, but I think its a bit nicer :smiley: I added some grass variation, and took away the saturation… HEY, THAT RHYMES!!! XD Not well though :expressionless: LOL! Anyway… I think this scene has more appeal to it… :slight_smile: I’ll be working on it again today… right after I install Linux… :smiley: Thanks!

Rendered at 500 samples, with a resolution of 50% :wink:

-Joey

I think that to make the house look bigger, you might should try placing the camera at eye level of someone standing on the ground. The angle that it’s at right now seems unrealistic floating in the air unless it is a miniature where someone is just holding the camera above it. I think that if it were taken at that angle in real life, it would probably be from farther away (perhaps from an air vehicle, or tall building) and be zoomed in, which would mean a higher focal length. That is the reason I mentioned the focal length, but I might be completely wrong about that. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the focal length. Anyways, I hope that you find this helpful :slight_smile:

Oops I didn’t even see this post when replied about the focal length! This render looks much better and I think that you chose a nice camera angle! Good work so far!

LOL! Thanks man! I’m glad it’s turning out better :smiley: I’m not very satisfied with the sky… but it may work :wink:

Any more feedback??? Please?

You should add textures on the wall and on the roof, dirt etc… Expand the garden, do a background. Add depth in the image mah boy !

I could do it your style… DEFAULT CUBES!!! XD

Always worked for me so far…

This is a slight update… Hope you like it!

LOL! I bet!

Dude! Just looked at your portfolio! Looks nice! :smiley:

If you really want the result to look kinda photorealistic you should put little stupid details, doorbells, things in the garden, real sky etc… Maybe add some color variation on the roof, and again add some dirt everywhere (i know it’s the opposite of what you do in real life) it adds realism. Just open gimp and brush it in !

Improved a lot from the first render. You will place the house in a environment or is enough in that garden?
As dagto said more objects and details (well done, of course) will improve the scene. Maybe you can find something on blendswap or similar, unless you want to do all yourself :slight_smile:

On the modeling front, the door needs a frame/trim. Windows need trim work and window sills. Gutters would add a nice detail touch, even though you seem resistant to them for some reason. Consider a quick and dirty white picket fence along the back edge of your “lawn”. maybe a dog house or a water hose. lawn chairs/pick nick table? inflatable kiddy pool? one of those moveable basketball hoop things in the drive way? there’s a lot of little things you can add that make a scene like this look “real”

On the texture front, the walls need desperate help. i assume you are going for stucco? you need a normal map and perhaps a spec map, and some fill lighting to highlight the texture. You might be able to get away with just a color map from that viewing distance, but that leads into my next question. How “Photorealistic” are we talking here? if this is going to be placed in a game engine for prototyping/arch-vis type thing, it might be ok as is. But i would shy away from the phrase “photorealistic” at this point if its for something like a CG/live action composite! break out your DSLR, or go cruise CGTextures.com for a while and you might be able to get it into the realm of photo realism! Good luck, I’ll check back here later to see if theres anything else i can help with .

I gotta do it all myself :wink: and it’ll have 12 other villas around it :smiley:

This has to be photo realistic… And it ain’t for myself…it’s for a real estate company… I got a job doing 12 photo realistic villas in 20 days :expressionless:

if its photorealistic, did they give you pictures to match? photorealistic usually means your trying to make it as detailed as a real object and light it in such a way as to make it difficult to tell at a glance that its a render. like i said, look at your texturing, getting away from the solid color blender material and more toward photo-textures on everything will help drastically. its really hard to see anything as “photorealisitc” with solid color diffuse materials, they always look rendered no matter what. Then we can see where you stand.

On a side note, be careful agreeing to jobs with strict deadlines when your not sure of how to achieve the desired results. Im not trying to be rude, just honest. if it took you 5 days to create this, and you say you need to make 12 more, im assuming unique houses, within the next 15 days. idk, it sounds like a bit of a stretch. maybe once you figure out the process for making this one look “real” it’ll be quicker for the others. at any rate, it will be interesting to see what you come up with. keep us posted.

LOL! All the villas are the same! Anyway I added some procedural textures

<<<update!

Heloo! Aaah you’ve left it late to get a realistic image!!

Vast improvements, by the way, on the original image.

Lighting is what will make the biggest difference in the shortest amount of time. A quite harsh (sharp shadow a.k.a low soft size), bright sun lamp is a good idea. Not too bright mind. The color of your walls makes it look a bit dirty, is this set in stone or can they be whiter? If they can’t be then a brighter light source will help anyway.

I think your grass is too long and the color is off, use reference images and try to match the color of the grass to yours.

Your angle in the latest image hides too much of the villa, just angle it down a little more.

There are a fair few extra assets to be modeled but it looks like a lot have been pointed out already, these little things really count with photo-realism.

Play with either uv mapping or texture space to solve your procedural textures on the walls looking stretched/squished (uv mapping is obviously better, but texture space can be a faster solution, you’ll be fine with uv mapping because this is a simple cube based shape). Also the dark patches make it look a little dirty (again), not necessarily too bad (could be a realism thing) but I doubt a real estate company would want it :stuck_out_tongue: .

Don’t be afraid to cheat. From a learning standpoint it would obviously be better to do everything yourself. But if you can find models for drainpipes etc. under licenses that allow it (a lot of models are under these licenses, especially for blender) you can manipulate these instead of starting from scratch and this will save a lot of time. The common creative commons licenses can be found here https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

I hope I’m of some help, the best of luck. I’ll be following this thread!