Extra Sequencer Actions

The default for the VSE is to assume that you are using the right aspect but wrong dimensions, it then stretches the source to fit render output. This is a better default but there is no way to turn it off other than toying with crop etc.

Sadly there is no Interperet footage setting upon import, this feature works really well in AE. Perhaps with better nodes integration this will have a different workflow, but it seems silly to upgrade a simple zoom/crop to compositor.

From my point of view, I think that the proper aspect ratio should always be the default. Then, people can opt to smoosh it down or whatever after that if they’d like. As Blender is now, though, if you have a large .PNG or .JPEG or whatever (such as that tall, rectangular comic book cover), it distorts it, squishing it down, automatically. I don’t think that that should be the default. But that’s just my opinion.

Yes I see your point, certainly FCP would retain aspect and use best fit (vertical or horizontal), then you adjust the scale to fill out the black holes surrounding the image.

3PointEdit,

Thanks for considering the idea and then agreeing on it. But what is “FCP”?

Final cut pro.

Turi I have found Fade effects to be broken in r46094.

Also I cannot find the functions “Open from File Browser” or “Open Active Strip” to load strips into Movie clip editor?
EDIT: found it, remember to have the right scene active. That is the same one that contains the VSE strip.

Lastly I notice that Shift-ctrl-arrow doesn’t skip a second :frowning:

Would b2.63 have broken the script this badly or am I missing something?

about the bug when inserting movies with audio, (when the audio strip is moved forward with the other clips)

it can be fixed if you change line 811 with this code, when calling insert:

beforelist = []
                for i in bpy.context.selected_editable_sequences:
                    if i.select == True:
                        beforelist.append(i)
                bpy.ops.sequencerextra.insert()
                for i in beforelist:
                    if i.type == "SOUND":
                        i.frame_start = frame

Thank you Carlos, I updated the main script!

Great work, thanks guys.

Nice black 3pointEdit. I will continue to check back on it.

Great work so far. I wanted to cut an “holiday-movie” consisting of pictures with Blender. So i imported all the images as a sequence, seperated the images with y, used your distribute function. The only thing i missed, was how to “reassign strip length to
every element of an image sequence.” I wanted to copy the properties, but to copy the lenght wasn´t possible. Is that possible with the existing script? Or is it an easy feature to implement ?

Great work so far!
I wanted to cut a “holiday-movie” consisting of pictures with Blender. So i imported all the images as a sequence, seperated them with y and used your distribute-function. The thing i missed was “the reassign strip length to every element of an image sequence” feature. I tried the copy properties-function, but didn´t find the lenght. Is it possible with your script ? Or is it an easy to implement feature ?

The best workflow to do what you need is as follows:

• select the strips you intend to resize
  • menu Select > Right Handle
  • hit G key and resize the strips

Anyway, if right after breaking up the sequence strip with Y key you press F6 you are shown the dialog to choose the individual strips length.

Turi I was just reading through Sequencer Extras script. I had no idea of all your hard work, just the fade effect is so involved it left my head spinning. Thankyou so much again. I want to try and write a small script so I looked over yours and Carlos’s. It looks hard! :slight_smile:

Oops, BUG. I have just loaded recent build r49303 and found copy attributes to be broken for copy strip timecode proxies. Blender stops responding.

Also have you noticed that late versions don’t add multiple selected files? I only get first selection.

Wonderful work! Thanks so much for this.

Not a bug but you MUST have selected Proxy Custom File (in the case of movie strips) in the source strip that you copy from. Perhaps this should be a fail if statement?

If using a scene strip to apply copy function, make sure that you define the Custom Proxy Directory check box.

I also confirm this on 32bit Linux using svn49430. Blender doesn’t actually stop responding but it keeps one of the cores running at 100% forever. I let it run for 15 minutes and then terminated blender. At first I thought that it was actually creating the proxies and that’s why it was taking so much time. But it turned out that it wasn’t trying to create proxies or anything.
Don’t know if other copy properties work. Will test though.
The strange thing is that I managed to get this to work when using two strips only. But it only “copied” the general proxy-timecode activation setting (checkbox) and not the sub-selections (i.e. proxy custom file, proxy % etc).

Nope, copying proxy-related properties doesn’t work here, I’ve tried all possible combos.