dynotopo rapid sculpts

Awesome sculpts, MOAR PLEASE!

Sorry if I sound like I’m flogging a dead horse, I still think your arms are wrong. I have this weird feeling your reference photo might have been cropped at the elbow so you can’t see what the palms are doing. My two cents

Your t-pose kind of shows a demi-pronated hand, A on my sketch, if that is the case the biceps will point forward. On a supinated(palm up) and raised arm it will point the way it does on your sculpt.

I tried putting my arm in the position you sculpted and its impossible. I will donate $30 to the BF if someone can show me a real photo of a demi-pronated raised arm with the bicep pointing up(no photoshop).

but other than that keep posting those great sculpts

nah nah ur not flogging a dead horse… that drawing u have attached is simple to understand and brilliant… thankyou for that…

but i never disagreed with what u had said in the first place… :stuck_out_tongue:
totally agree with what u said… and i also did say that maybe i picked up a wrong ref. or misinterpreted the picture :wink: besides his hands are facing the camera in the pic… so well ermm… will make a better sculpt of arms soon :slight_smile:

cheers for the drawing explanation again…
this forum is great and keeps pushing me to get better at my art
keep posting… :slight_smile:

used boolean modifier on basic block and then sculpting with dyntopo
(maybe i should have boolean’d in digits and ears as well…oh well will soon)

i should have tried my hands on cycles early on… damn…now im charged to learn some blender again

very good thread, many great sculpts… about the fingers and toes, you can pull them out easily in dynatopo, using the snakehook brush (enable “collaps short edges”), then if neccessary pose them with the twist brush (that rotates around the point where you place the brush)… after that you can refine by sculpting as you are used to. i find this easier than getting them into the basemesh…

@doris: cheers for the compliments :slight_smile:
snakehook for fingers a bit too rad. for my taste… cant control them in such a tight spot… i usually end up juzz adding in some cylinders.
i think i have started appreciating a good bash mesh… retopo is such a pain :stuck_out_tongue:

made in blender…testing it out in maya

not getting enough time with blender these days…
just a warm up sculpt

new explorations… cc’s welcomed

is there a way i can change the thumbnail of my thread to my current artwork

the thread icon is always the first image in first post, so, just put your new image at first place in first post…

thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:
hope alls cool at ur end :))

tried some sss… looks like fun ))

trying out different settings and options right now

Attachments

update… progressing to full body