Derekg1080 Sketchbook (Some Nudity :) )

Love the latest Derek! The jade is very cool, as is the rest, and I’m loving the vegetation. Well done Sir! :smiley:

Thanks Vicky:) I try to stay diversified:) Here is todays lunch time sculpt…still a WIP of course. I need to add hair and accessories. Of course the ears are not finished along with several other things but its a start. I’m hoping to start incorporating the overall body or at least the upper torso on some of these. Got to take baby steps:)

p.s. already made some fixes like the neck and the jaw area sticking out in the left image just left of the mouth:)

“Lunchtime sculpt”?!! Wow, the only thing I managed to do at lunch today was drink a beer and stare at Blender for a half hour :smiley:

I would love to have a beer at lunch but my boss would not be too happy:P I’ve decided to do these lunch time sculpts to expand my sculpting skills and I enjoy the process. It helps calm my mind:)

You are very good at working out the different forms. You are very good at creating a good foundation for your sculpts. Even in this models basic state, you can very well see the forms, good job, and keep it up.

Thanks model man I really appreciate the kind words. I’m still working on the female sculpt so I’m just focusing on getting a solid base.

On a side note are there any comments regarding the anatomy? I’m not specifily going off any real world reference images. Anatomy isnt my strongest skill…I’m still learning. The body is harder for me then the face thats why I have been avoiding it hehe:)

Another lunch time sculpt:)

I’m starting to work with the body:) I’m sure my anatomy is terrible but I have been working from reference a bit more than I did on the face. This is obviously a small step forward. There is a lot to work on still. Oddly enough I found the breast to be the most difficult…maybe because I don’t have any:) Its strange having to think about the natural state of such things like the breast, even when full they still droop a bit more:) I should note that I’m going for a slightly stylized female. Longer legs and arms, a slightly larger head and slim limbs. I will continue to thicken her up as I go. Thoughts a welcome and don’t be shy to do a draw over to help explain.

good step forward! anatomy is not too bad, breasts are unrealistically large for such a slim body,you know they consists mainly of fat, and slim women tend to have quite small breasts therfore… you said you intend non realistic proportions, so i accept these. one thing is odd, is the strong ridge that is going down on the front sides of the ribcage. usually this ridge is hardly visible. keep going, its wonderful to watch you growing :slight_smile:

Modelling breats correctly is most difficult ( imo ) :smiley: . But anyway i really like your works Derek, just keep it up.

Thanks for the feed back guys…looking at it here at home I definetly made a starving woman:) I’ll definetly put some meat on her bones tomorrow. I guess I would like to just go for a slightly streached look if you know what I mean. Tough stuff but fun to try on. I guess it wouldnt be any fun if it wasnt a challange:)

Some progress already today:) I got some meat on her bones and played with the anatomy a bit more. The legs are long intentionally as well as the arms just a bit. I still have to do the hands but I’m feeling like I’m going in the right direction at least. I’ve decided I’m going for like a warrior goddess so very curvy and sexy I guess haha:) Any thoughts? I’d like to continue on with retopo when I’m ready and actually rig this model. I still have yet to go that far with any of my characters and I really want to get a complete scene. Maybe I should move this one into the WIP forum:)

A little more work…lots of little adjustments:) Any comments or thoughts?? Does she look natural? Thanks

Almost forgot…she has got hands Yay!! hehe

Nice model, you really improved this sculpture a lot. I admire you for your ability to sculpt hands with DynTopo, I always end up polymodeling them :smiley: The anatomy of the body is correct as far as I know but she seems to be leaning forward a litle bit, so you could try to rotate the chest backwards and the hips forwards with a lattice to balance her.
Last, there is somewhat in her face that makes her resemble a child. Sorry for the crappy paintover, I didnt yet find a clone tool in Krita :wink:

The eyes should be slightly above the middle of the face (the origin of the nose is right in the middle). Also, I would push the chin a bit outwards to make it look more natural. The neck seems to be a bit thin, even for a stylized warrior.
Great work, I’m looking forward to see her with hair, clothing and so on :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feed back man I appreciate it. Your right on the face an posture. I’ve made adjustments to both and also blocked in some hair on todays lunch break sculpt:)

I did quite a bit of reshaping of the waist and legs as well. I am trying to get a nice looking natural pose instead of the typical manikin stance hehe:)

PS I already noticed the line leading from the hip to the groin is way to strong:) It’s been fixed:)

Another angle:)

Well THAT’s looking awesome :slight_smile: Love the redesign of the face and especially the hair, it really gives her a character.

wonderful progress! love the direction you are moving :slight_smile:

A few more renders to end the day:) Thanks Doris and suboptimal:) I’m glade you guys are enjoying the progress. I think I’m about ready for retopo. The hair right now is of course a place holder and symmetrical. I’ll be reworking that later…but man does it make a difference when you add even some simple hair:)

uoh … nice progress mate, i really love the face :slight_smile:
Maybe you could try draging out the ears a little more ( jug them up an idea ) , i think atm there too close to the head. Keep it up Derek :wink:

Thanks sumolondo…I’ll play with ears a bit and see if it improves her any. I was thinking and need all of your input. I’d really like to take this project further to a completed scene and character. Here is my question.

In the beginning i was thinking of doing a warrior princess. However now I’m thinking about doing a mother nature kinda character and scene. Something like she is composed of flesh and vegitation like tree roots and vines with leaves and flowers.

This of course follows my infinity for nature. I love incorperating nature whenever possible. So I ask you guys which woul be more interesting and fun:)