DeltaCAD Drawings For Blender Projects

DeltaCAD 8.0 looks like a very good CAD Application; but, I’m not going to Update DeltaCAD 3.0 to DeltaCAD 8.0; and, I’m not looking for a new CAD Application at this time.

I am no artist; but, I could probably attempt to hand draw a Human Head with the features that I am looking for.

I am just using Computer Applications instead of the old Pencil-N-Paper Technique for creating the Human Head with the features that I want. And…I am not a Computer Geek in terms of utilizing Computers beyond Typewriter Text Document Projects and Video Gaming and Computer Programming Projects (GW-BASIC is what I do know; but, I am working with Visual BASIC Script because I don’t know any other Y2K+ Computer Programming Languages as an Amatuer Hobbyist Computer Programmer)…LOL.

Instead of using DeltaCAD, I could try Drafting By Hand. I do have the equipment and paper; but, I don’t have a place to do, and stow, any Drafting Project.

The Blender Website has alot of Tutorials concerning Human Head Topology.

I am very new to Blender. I tried to do my Blue-Yellow-Red Monkey Layer Test; and, failed because I didn’t know how to color the Monkeys.

I have been looking at the many different Tutorials on the Blender Website; including, the one that showed how to separate three Monkeys into three separate Layers.

I just need to work at using Blender more than what I am.

i’v given you a few threads on how to make characters - head ect,
and it should help you get an idea what is required to make a simple head in blender

you could also make you own character using external soft like Makehuman
and modify it suit what you need!

if you need anything else just ask

happy bl

yea…Thanks

I am just approaching the Head Structure Topology with actual measurements; instead of, just eyeballing.

don’t think in terms of measurement more like proportions in blender
get the shape you want then after you can always re scale it to what ever you want

good luck

happy bl

Actually, my “IsisHead” Project was conceived as being a Real Life Humanoid Android Head.

in blender you can set the unit to metric or imperial in scene panel!
so if you have dim then easy to do in blender with the N panel !

happy bl

if you can pay a small fee there is a special SVN modified to act more like a CAD
I can find link if you need too!

happy bl

Just a note but 3d modeling software is very different compared to CAD,it’s easy to move from 3d modeling to Cad but the other way around is much harder.

I’ve just started with CAD but this is what my .dwg file looks like:

I don’t think it is something i could reproduce in blender without quite a bit of effort.

I haven’t seen that Drafting Paper Style, and Drawing Layout, since my Collegiate Drafting Course back in the 1990s; but, they were done on Real Life Paper; and, drawn by Real Life Human Hands.

Thus, with CAD, you don’t have to contend with creating and erasing Construction Lines the way that Hand-Drawn Drawings have to.

I have to agree with your assessment concerning 3D Modeling Software and CAD Applications.

Not all CAD Applications are equal.

This is what I have created for the purpose of learning about the Blender Quad-View and Image Printing.

I needed some help from my brother to create this Printout.

I couldn’t Download my brother’s version of this into this Posting; so, my next Posting with have what he did to this Blender Project.

He did alot to it; and, it looked really good; although, it wasn’t what I was aiming for.

My brother said that Blender doesn’t do Scaled Images; that is, 1" on the Computer Monitor = 1" in Real Life Printout Measurements; because, the Printout Image is based on the Camera View. He also doesn’t work with the Quad-View.

His style of working with Blender is very different from my style of working with Blender.

I am thinking that if I have the Camera View doing a Head-On Face View; then, I would be able to create a Grid Image like my DeltaCAD “Grid” Layer.

I have no idea of why I can’t Download the Image that my brother created into this Posting.

I will try again some other day.

I’m still trying figuring out what you want to do.

From the screenshots i’ve checked on DeltaCad,it looks like a type of Blueprint Cad program.Although blender can create blueprints and drafts with addons,it’s not exactly the best application for the job.

Also,image scale can be changed in the render tab under dimensions.I think it’s set by default to the monitors resolution.

Also,my grid system is working fine from all num pad views.Do note that the size of the grid will change if you zoom in or out (obviously).Wireframe can be toggles off and on in a window by pressing Z.

Attachments

Rock.blend (630 KB)

from you cad sot can you export as OBJ or DXF may be
there are import script to import these in blender !

did you do some basic tut to better understand how blender works >

happy bl

yea…DeltaCAD is a Bluepring CAD Application.

My latest Posting Image is of 3 Circles in the Top & Fornt & Right Side Views. Each Circle is Imperial 4" Radius; and, Imperial 4" away from Origin (x=0,y-0,z=0).

The Blender Printout on Letter (8-1/2" x 11") Paper with the “Scale To Fit The Paper” Option Deselected results in the circles being Imperial 4-1/4" in diameter.

okay…I see the error in my drawing. The Circles are 8" in diameter.

Back to the Drawing Board.

All I have top do is change the Camera View for the Printouts.

I have done some of the Basic Tutorials and have some understanding of how Blender works.

I am not ready to commit to using Shortkeys at this time.

this is like any soft needs some practice
and blender is complicated but depends also what you do !

but you can ask questions in forum here for help!

happy bl

I changed the Camera View to the Top View; and, I ?Redimensioned? the Camera; of, my last Blender Image Project.

I couldn’t Download the Image…but here’s the Data.

T O P _ V I E W

OBJECT NAME: Obj Top Circle
ROTATION: x=0*,y=-0*,Z=0*
SCALE: x=4.000,y=4.000,z=1.000
DIMENSIONS: x=8.000,y=8.000,z=0.000

OBJECT NAME: Camera
ROTATION: 0*,Y=-0*,Z=0*
[XYZ Euler]
SCALE: x=8.000,y=8.000,z=1.000

Printout Dimension Of Circle Diameter: 7-15/16"

NOTE: My Keyboard doesn’t have the Degree Symbol; thus, I am using the Asterisk as the Degree Symbol.

for printed size you need to check the render settings too!

did u use the special script for printer set up ?

happy bl

?Where do I find those Printer Size Render Setting Options?

No…I didn’t use the Special Script for Printer Setup.

?Is that Special Script in the [User Preference - System] Options List?

OH…
I tried to verify that the Measurement Settings were on Imperial; but, I couldn’t find the information.