Concept GT Car

It is looking really good! Although I would use a lot less vignette. Also your background image has to much contrast for the car.
Your tire materials are also a bit dark.

Keep up the good work, the model is so smoooth! :smiley:

Good critique! Here’s a new image I just rendered this morning. I’ve been so busy with school that this project has kinda been ignored for a while…

more interesting background to come, don’t worry. but what do you think of this lighting/composition?

It kind of depends on what the background is, but right now it looks nice. Is that your lighting, or is something off on the modelling around the rear wheel?

Something’s off in the modeling. Good eye! I need to rework the whole back part really. Not quite how I like it.

I wish I was that good

new topology at the back.

because god knows i love showing off matcaps.

seriously badass

Thanks, tyrant monkey! Means a lot coming from you.

Here’s a new render.

an interior matcap for anyone curious…

rear diffuser

Any critiques at all?

Here’s a new render.

no one at all? hmm…here’s a new render that fixed some issues with the top one.

The lighting is really rather good. It highlights the unique angles of the car perfectly. Perhaps you aren’t getting much critique lately is because there isn’t all that much to critique :smiley: …of course critique is a little harder on a concept car as its all about the artist’s vision. I would say that the interior feels a little empty, as there would normally be more details on the passenger side dashboard and the back part of the centre console. But of course, this comes down to the artist’s vision too, it could be argued that the interior is simpler to match the clean look the exterior presents. Other than that it is pretty hard to critique this at least for me, other than to say that you’ve got the lighting down :smiley:

sdighe: thank you!! i’m actually pretty happy with how i’ve been doing my lighting lately. I use a gradient to get a smoother, softer look.

your comment got me thinking about the interior, and I’ve started remodeling (well at least revising) it.

So…over a year after the start of this thread, I’m still working on this project. So much has happened in my life since I started; I finished highschool, I started college, I finished the first semester of said college. But all along, I’ve been working on this. Here’s some progress.

Wow! Amazing concept! This is my dream, to someday design an entire car and build it in Blender.

One thing you might want to add is a vent intake in the area between the inward curve of the door and the rear tire. The vent would be facing forward, and not visible vrom the side. I hope this makes sense. The Aventador has such a vent between the door and the rear wheel:

You had asked about ideas for the name. How about Urlandofalco? It is Italian for Screaming Falcon. Just an idea!

That’s the plan for the intake, yeah! The previous pictures show it, I think. Here’s a render from the forest HDRI again.

Good to see you back at it!
Looking good as always :smiley: