ComputerWhiz - Sketchbook

So Racing Clothesline is my company that I created a few years ago. It is a motorsport news website. Recently, it has become more popular than I expected, so that is why I haven’t really done much learning and designing with Blender, which is sad because I really love Blender.

Anyway, I created this video introduction clip with Blender, using Andrew Price’s tutorial. The main clips where made in Blender and the logo was added using the VSDC Video Editor. I plan to put it on my videos, although I haven’t created any yet. Hopefully soon though.

Let me know what you think.

Been a while since I’ve worked in Blender, mostly because I haven’t had any creative images to make. I had a bit of extra time and was bored, so I figured I’d enter in the #670 Weekend Challenge on the forum.

Pretty simple. I was going to give the case a bit of short hairs, but the particles systems were being uncooperative. The table texture is an external image, but the foam stuff inside of the case is Blender’s internal Voronoi Texture. Overall, it took about half an hour to complete. Rendered in cycles with 100 samples.

If anyone has any ideas on things I can make, feel free to PM me.

Attachments

I’ve been waiting for someone to pick Facebook, social media or the internet as a weekend challenge topic, but no one has. For this image, I had to tap into my inner hatred of Facebook.

This is really simple. It’s just the Facebook logo (a text object) and a curved background plane. It’s two different images: one without anything on the Facebook logo and a second image with two horns and a tail added to the Facebook logo. Then I went into GIMP and cut the images in half and merged them.

Details:
Cycles render
100 samples
1 hour creation time
2 minutes render time for each image

Attachments

Ha good one!