Coffee

Moved to the gallery. It is simple but very well executed!

wow :smiley: thanks Jon :smiley: that was fast lmao

i mean to thank for the cool gallery submission, not to say its mine…or thank for the artist

congrat…:slight_smile:

Seriously dude, you have to make a “How to create realistic coffee beans” -tutorial :smiley:

Well, sorry for the long delay since the last post. I’m quite busy lately.

For a start I would like to thank you for all the kindly and nice comments (especially those from BobM and Fliir sounds very poetic) and for a big response, which was ended by moving the image to the gallery (which is, in my opinion, a little big honor for the ordinary cup of coffee :slight_smile: ).

So here’s a modest “making off”, which should answer your eventual questions.

1. Some inspiration at the beginning. I checked the Flickr for a start (which is the most common source of inspiration for me) and I put aside one real empty paper cup of coffee from a vending machine :-).

2. Textures. Actually only this one set. http://www.fuzzimo.com/free-hi-res-coffee-beans-texture-seamless/ (It could be useful for you.) Everything else (including the texture of the cup) was made​in the GIMP.

3. Modeling and rendering
    Coffee beans were sculpted in Sculptris. Nothing extraordinary. Few minutes of work.
    There are only three versions of beans + three versions of materials (simply copied and arranged by Blender’s Game engine).

Regarding the settings. De facto the only thing I used from the textures of coffee beans (those above) was the seam (UV mapped), the rest are mainly procedural textures from Blender and GIMP.

(One of the materials.)

The whole scene:

Defocus was made in Blender. Then just a postpro in the GIMP (layers effects, color correction, brightness correction, soft noise etc.) which is quite sufficient for this (aside from the impossibility of working with layers group which makes the job a little confusing) and a small correction in Motiva RealCamera.

So. That’s all.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Radek

MBT white nets sneakers comfortable and vogue.MBTwhite nets sneakers for athletes and love sports , used to create better posture, alleviate close quarter the interaction between the friction and moving, vibrations. MBT provide new experience, MBT sneakers guarantee wearer individuality experience and comfort. When Wearing MBT trunk straight degree is wearing traditional , shows a 10% increase pressure evenly distributed in the muscles of human body before and after. The natural MBT sneakers instability forced torso moment balance, and stimulate spinal joints around small pieces of muscles, protect the impact.The human body will through a few auxiliary motion and posture, relieve pressure, make damaged tissue of the muscles around knees organ section function decline. As time passes, can damage the ability to walk, the serious influence of life quality. Foot step on marseille sensors will, stress decreased, knee suffered wallop therefore also weakened. Research income, wearing MBT walking will reduce the pressure of the knee joint 19%. When walking, legs stretch first contact the ground directly, then through knee extend. Ideal condition, when his legs under a big pressure, human body should be perpendicular to the upper leg. Through stimulating joint the muscles around and correct footwork, MBT sneakers can effectively treat a knee problem. The knee is one of the most complex body joints. In all sorts of organizations are wrapped be damaged or degradation: for example, meniscal injury/torn tendon injuries, Bin, torn ligament, or pain, leading to stand instability and knee pain. MBT sneakers white nets in, sports brought range revolutionary change MBT sneakers, white nets adopted innovation posture training methods. MBT makes muscle coordination and stable institutions, improve balance and body posture.Back pain is a kind of common diseases. Every two persons have a person have back pain symptoms. Caused backache for many reasons, but little-known. Lack of exercise, unilateral press press or ligament damage, sit or stand too long are led to shoulder/neck and strain of common factors, all can cause pain. Mobile make back muscle further relax and relaxation. As a treatment tools and fitness equipment, MBT sneakers white nets are used to treat non-specific back pain, disc prolapse, back pain, lumbago and below rachis side axon.

This was a “quickie”? If my main work could be as good as your scratch work, I’d be set!

Tasty. I can almost smell the coffee scents. Nice work, radek. :wink:

-Reyn

hmmm, really nice

mmmmm yummy

nice nice nice amazing work thanks for sharing!!!

You shouldn’t be surprized man -very well done- beans almost look real.

Many thanks! If it weren’t for this post I wouldn’t have found Motiva RealCamera, thanks for sharing

EPIC! That is great. I tried making some coffee beans, but the looked like, umm, blobs. I’m drinking a coffee right now. :smiley:

Nic-Nac

“Idle hands are the devil’s work.”

I can almost smell that coffee! Perfect work, man!

You make me want to drink so much coffee now :wink: Impressive. It has a nice atmosphere to it! Can’t say I’m much of an artist. But still, I am new to Blender and willing to learn something. Just have to tame my inertia though :wink:

Very well done indeed!

My only crit would be that the top could use some (more?) SSS, but I’m not sure you can do that in Yafaray. Other than that, don’t change a thing!

Wow really nice and attractive nice beans and nice frame of photo really nice angle

its beautiful Radek. i love it. so subtle…

That looks great! I now want some coffee, thanks for keeping my addiction alive. :slight_smile: