CodyWinch - Sketchbook

Like your concepts Cody. Especially the eye in #38, the golem, and the bonceless bmxer. Flesh out the eye and aim for top row. Link some sclera vessels to the roots, define the lid forms and shading, etc. The 3d printing layers even read as strata. Well done, hope to see more.

Thanks Lobo. The eye definitely needs work. I plan to revisit it and improve the textures and give it the polish it needs in a week or 2.

6″ Tall Headless Horsekid 3D print. Playing around with my new camera to get some macro shot.

Week #3 Render

I lost a lot of my progress due to a crash. Only the arms progress were saved after about a few hours of sculpting because the other objects were in sculpt mode and the auto saves didn’t keep their progress. I will continue it into this week and hopefully it gives me a chance to do it even better!

I printed off the wrangler character from the cgcookie tutorial series. This is a 4" tall full character statue.

I also printed a 3" tall head bust.

I like the stone golem, but the skeleton is a little boney :wink:

Week #4 Render

Major forms are blocked out. Time to retopo and separate each muscle group into its own separate rock objects.

Week #5 Render

A day late but here is what I worked on this week. Working on my own nature assets. Played around with some photoscanning and macro photography for the grass and plants. I have a render in mind which I will use these for to test them in full resolution which will be the focus of next week along with continuing the golem.

It’s been 5 weeks of working on weekly projects. I have noticed that mostly I work on the projects on the weekend and mondays. Tuesday - Friday not much gets done. So in order to help build a habit and some discipline I am adding on to my personal challenge.

I am now going to do daily 1 hour long sculpting sessions as well as continuing my weekly projects. I have been too long away from sculpting and need to continue practicing it. Mostly I will focus on organic shapes. Some characters, lots of busts, and some anatomy studies.

Day 2 Sculpt Torso Anatomy

Day 3 Sculpt

Junkrat from Overwatch. The mouth and chin area didn’t get as much love as the rest so it looks a bit funky to me.

Day 4 of 1HourSculpts. Kid Buu sculpt. I really like this one and I plan to finish it up and probably 3D print it.

This was the result from Week #6 of my weekly render challenge. It is a scene render I am working on.

Day 5 of 1HourSculpts. One of my all time favorite characters, Thane from Mass Effect series.

Day 6 Wolfman/Werewolf sculpt. The lighting helps to capture what I was going for but it still looks a bit goofy to me. Mostly around the mouth.

Day 7

Decided to tackle something I don’t have much experience with, a female face. Requires a lot more subtle features and man did it look like a man for 98% of the sculpt. Still does a bit but the hair really helped make it look feminine.

Day 8 - Pepper from the David Revoy open source comic Pepper & Carrot. This sculpt felt better throughout and more female. The hat is a bit wonky as it was the last item. I went over the allotted time to finish the hat and I was enjoying the sculpt so much it was hard to stop.

If you haven’t seen it, check out the source for this sculpt. A very entertaining comic.

Day 9 Orc Head. Reference from Lord of the Rings.