Christmas Scene WIP

It looks decent, but I don’t see a focal point. What are our eyes supposed to focus on? Figure that out before you continue, because without it, even if it’s the best modelling and texturing ever, it still won’t look good.

it depends on what type of lens you use for your camera you can use different types of lenses.
i read different books on photography and found that you can focus on the entire scene instead of a specific object.
focusing on a specific object is forced perspective which forces the viewer to look at the object not the scene

Hey, long time no see… Try this: The update to this is still in progress though :wink:

Hey there,

Ok I am also in th eBGcomp so I will be fair,

The lamp for the lamp is off. Use Shit S and snap it to that lamp that should fix your issue there. As well the picure really creeps me out. As well you might want ot ask before posting there pics I know they are on there twitter and web pages but still might be nice. Good luck man I hope you keep working it. Make sure you think about who the room is for and who lives in it. Work that and add objects to fil a story. REad up on some color theory as well. That will help you out with the fire. Draw people in to it, add some cold colors where the fire cant heat. that kind of thing good luck!

its looking good

the glare or blur is a little strong because, it looks like the fire is over pouring onto the stone

thats about the only thing i can see

the carpet looks fluffy now, i feel like i can walk on it and not hurt my feet. :slight_smile:

I have no feeling that this is a christmass scene. Adding a christmass tree would be something I would do.

I took the Christmas out of it :stuck_out_tongue: No longer going for Christmas… :smiley:

The logs in your last render are looking really uniform and fake. Try adding some splits to them and making the colors slightly different for each one (hint: use the object info random value). The window just looks fake. It looks like another picture on the wall.

if you want to change the color of your texture for your logs put a hue sat after your texture node and adjust the the hue
leave the top number and work on the bottom two numbers

Um, yeah… I would’ve made these changes, but it was late, and I had no time… An update tomorrow… I think :stuck_out_tongue:

haha, I like the picture on the wall of all the blender artists! :slight_smile:

HEHE! IKR?! Hey, get on facebook, message me back!

I agree on the scale issue. What I find helpful in getting correct scale is looking at photographs containing objects similar to the ones present in my scene, taking special note of how object sizes compare with each other. Also, I find working with real world measurement helps. When you’re not sure of furniture dimensions, for example, you can Google standard furniture sizes, etc.

Another crit is that the lighting is too flat. In the real world, lighting in a living room like this would come from several lighting fixtures on the ceiling as well some through the window. Simulating that would, I think, help improve your scene.

the fire is too shiny, the logs on the side looks a bit off… and i dont know why, but it looks like the cups are out of place…

also, try to make the carpet less blury.
i would also try a soft glossy material on the candels, and the brick furnace looks like its not being affected by light at all.

OMGosh! That’s an old pic! Sorry guys! Try this:

It looks like the entire room is about to be set on fire! :eek: I wouldn’t keep those red socks there or let that fire carry on burning at that intensity!

the text on the wall should not be there
fire is too bright, and big
the ice outside is too big and wierd, scale them down
the frost on the window is wrong, this is a warm house so the window should be clear.
light does not affect the bricks, witch looks strange
the lamp cap looks like clay
the carpet is too blury
and the wall is boring. try to add something to it.

Why? Are you against people expressing their faith in their art? I think it should be there, just positioned a bit better.

You just said the text shouldn’t be there!

The window looks like a painting. I would work on that a bit.

Thx Tardis! Um, I think everyone will love the update!!! If it ever renders! It crashed last night after 17 hours…

Well, I’ll see what I can do…