Christmas 2013 BG contest - Typical italian atmosphere

i know…the glass is 1.43 but if u see in blender artist, in the list of IOR material, for crystal is .87…but I can reduce the value.
the color of the glass material is totally white…is in the scene that the light is not so much high…

That’s a good one, thank you for posting this warm scene.
Excellent work!
The scene is not typically italian though.
Your neighbors are not that far away.
A little different cake maybe.
However, champaign is typically french here. LOL

Michalis, BTW, I remember a marvelous torrone (nougat I think is the name) from Greece that some relatives of mine brought me from Kerkyra, a lot of time ago.
EDIT: and Lukumia!

paolo

Loukoumia = turkish delights in a more common language. LOL
The best come from Istanbul or from the small greek aegean island of Syros
IMHO of course, you can find them everywhere in the eastern mediterranean region.
They taste so much different.
It is not a christmas related delight though.
Sorry for spoiling, a bit, this wonderful thread.
It is the christmas theme. We can’t resist.
After all, to model turkish delights is a rather bizarre task, LOL

Yes in italy we usually drink spumante, but in my family, champagne is preferred!!!

In italy there is some excellent torrone especially in the north of italy, the Cremona’ s torrone is very famous, but i prefer the torrone made in Sardegna Island…Usually in italy we eat torrone during the xms time…so in my scene i think is adequate!!!

yes I can confirm, that in italy torrone is usually ate in christmas season!

Thanks MB for the support!!! :wink:

AHAHAH no problem!!!

This is looking really promising so far, excellent texture and materials, but I would really advise tweaking your lighting scheme a bit. As some others have pointed out, it’s good that you’re using DOF to increase the depth of the image, but still the values aren’t complimenting that depth. You have a very consistent variation of lights and grays which doesn’t contribute much to the composition. I’ve attached a black and white version just to show you. One technique that many people advise is to have the most contrast in the foreground, and then either darken or lighten the background. How you could do that with this image is follow what’s already there. You have two candles, sooo why are is there a strong additional light in the scene? Tone down the secondary lighting and let those candles cast some insane shadows in the foreground, increasing visual interest and upping the contrast at the same time. In its current state it doesn’t have the correct mood for a candle-light dinner with the lighting setup you have. Just let those candles do the work, and maybe have a weak filler light to eliminate black values. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Well done!

@berrettaamg:
you are right!!!
I support you me too!!! :slight_smile:

I’m waiting for my Cristmas lunch made by my mother!! One of the very nice recipes typical of the nord of Italy… :slight_smile:

ahahahah…thanks…so good xmas lunch

thanks Jayd!

Wow…thank you for your explanation…I have to prove to modify my render with your indication :wink:

hey, can expalin me how to realized this realistic scene?

do u want a tutorial for all object or only for one that u like?

Also the recipe for panettone, please!
LOL

paolo

This is the recipe for the panettone:

:eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really tempted to try and do it

Thanks,
paolo