Christmas 2013 BG contest - Typical italian atmosphere

yes I know, but u have to wait…now i’m rendering the scene, but at 1500 samples it’s not so fast!

Yeah I can totally understand :smiley:

Nice artwork!

Thanks…

ok this is the scene with a litle bit of DOF…

But i prefer the first one without DOF…what do u think?

Hello Beretta,
Everything is amazing, texture, colors, DOF, lighting …
You really did a great job here (including cooking the panettone)
What do you think about slightly reduce the bump map intensity on your fireplace?
And don’t forget a piece of panettone for me.

oh… I didn’t saw this. Your champagne glasses are too thin or out of scale… What do you think?

Wonderful!! When can I come over???

You are welcome…u can take a piece of panettone!!!

• the bump of fireplace is just very very low… :frowning:
  • In my opinion the scale and the thickness of the cristal glasses are ok…but this is my personal opinon. Do u think the glasses are too thin? or too big than the others objects in the scene?

You can come December 25 :wink:

Nice work berettaamg,
good details and shaders, and the atmosphere is pleasing.

I personally would prefer more dof, in the foreground above all, the torrone is too blurred and it’s a pity because it is well done.
just to be clear: dof = depth of field, so more dof = less blurred.

One thing that puzzles me is the shape of the bottle on the left: it has a ring on its neck that should be of paper, right? So it should not have those rounded edges, and the profile of the bottle should be continuous. Let me know if you have problem to understand my bad English, l will explain in Italian.

paolo

I think they are smaller than the other objects on the table.
A friend called @TheOldGhost taught me something I didn’t know. There is a tool to measure objects: ruler, on T menu.
Take a look at this.

And yes, I’m going to Italy in June next year with my daughters. Don’t let the panettone spoil …:wink:

Don’t worry I can understand your comments that are all true!
For this scene I prefer without the use of the DOF so all details are clear, but i have to do another render with more DOF as per your suggestion…
The left bottle and the right one are the same…but it’s true that I have added an edge on the neck’s label because without the rendered image was too flat and I didn’t like the result.

Ok, thanks for your suggestion, I will prove this tool…
Sorry but panettone is a xmas cake…in summer is better to eat an ice cream :wink:

Right, now I see they are the same, but I was caught by the viewport image in solid view, and that thing bothered me, non importa.

EDIT: maybe CCTrevis is right about the glasses, they seem a little small, and now I see that the glass material is too dark, use 100% white, or increase transmission bounces.

Buon rendering!

paolo

What a shame … my mistake … in June is summer in Brazil … So let’s have a glass of legitimate Italian ice cream.
Good luck on contest.

don’t worry you are welcome also for an ice cream!!!

thanks for your comments…i will prove to modify some things…

for the glasses i have used an IOR for the crystal 1.870 that i have found but i don’t remeber where…for the dimension i have to check the right proportions…thanks all

Hi, berettaamg,
1.87 is a very high IOR for glass, I would stay around 1.5/1.6 max. But the darkness, if I’m correct, is due to the color of glass, or/and to transparent bounces that are not enough, I think the color.

paolo