Chaos Emergency -ZOMBIE`s are in

Definitely :slight_smile:
I think we should stick too Stand still when aiming not walking, more TANK controls :slight_smile:
Like RE4/RE5, but if we can get it perfect i would not mind it :slight_smile:

I can grab the arm animations and push them to a seperate animation, and play it if you walk and dont aim, so it should look just the same,

update:

I commented out the actor move filter,

I increased the animation speed of the walk cycle, you can change it by changing the value added to the property walk, in the move filter,

I labled it, now everything appears to be working fine, while walking and while aiming+walking etc.

Passing you the newest file now, let me know what needs added / tampered with if you can’t get something working,

also, want to edit the animations I added? Miximo is a animaiton suite? it seems to create keyframes for all body parts, (unless this is you)

maybe toy with the settings so it only makes relevant keyframes?

I need a shotgun reloading animation, and a rocket launcher aim+ fire (if you want a rocket launcher)

It’s been awesome working with you!

PS- the shotgun sound is CC by from freesound.org and the gun.

I’ll post a link shortly.

added a system to handle keys, but we will need a hold key and use key animation

Noted a game breaking bug in 2.75 for our new rigid body gravity camera, and reported it, found out exactly what was going on, and fixed it in under 15 minutes :smiley:

Whatcha’ya want me to do next boss?

Wow good job man this is looking incredible 5 stars from me mate! Only constructive criticism would be about some of the textures seam too clean, feel like some grunge maps would really blend those baby’s in :wink:

it’s untextured :smiley: here is the textured video (we stripped the textures so we can send the file back and forth)

By ChaosEmergency -

(he does nice work :D)

its his models and animations, and hanzos weapons and my code

we are using hanzos free weapon pack, mack 10, and assault rifle.

Looking good, my only recommendation is to keep the videos, short simple and to the point. the most recent one has a lot of standing around which is not very entertaining to watch. Perhaps editing could greatly benefit?

that is one of Chaos Emergency’s videos from a while ago, I was just showing the textures

here is the current video

I improved camera , clipping, and aiming systems

With the video i actually recorded audio, but its not playing back on youtube :( im going to get one do this weekend :slight_smile:

although i dont like this kind of game but i do like watching the game growing like this, esp with BGE. Its mechanism seems well-coded. Good work guys.

New video uploading :slight_smile: stay tuned!!!

are you using everything I coded?

I can swap the new animations to that older coded rig I made,

Yeah i am, i can send it you so you can modify it but need to keep this format
just update rifle on back with the pistol bro.

Looks great, I think the gun sound could use a little more of a tinny sound rather than muffled.
Maybe you want to have an indoor and outdoor sound versions? (inside with echo).
Also, maybe make it more obvious which item you are interacting with? For example, if the player is looking at a searchable cabinet maybe add a semitransparent glowing mesh around object to show that it can be interacted with (same with the computer etc.). Some text telling you the interaction key would be useful as well (probably rendered out and then displayed as a plane and put on an overlay).

Just some ideas

Just one question. Why does his head move when he shoots… I’m 17 and I have shot pistols before and can tell you your head does not move like that…intact you really don’t move it at all with the recole

the easiest ‘highlight’ I have found is this

No code in the highlighted objects, just a property

you have to setup the color, so that the object color is blended in the material

Attachments

HighLightWithFadeOut.blend (492 KB)

The game looks very cool, but when he is equiped with his gun, he looks like he’d be standing on one leg. You may want to fix the animation a bit.
Otherwise it is perfect!:slight_smile: