Chaos Emergency -ZOMBIE`s are in

very nice work

Let me know what you think :smiley:

I think, the weapon recoil should move the elbows and the wrists a bit, not only the shoulders.

yeah, His fire animation ( @ChaosEmergency ) was better,

it all needs retooled a little,

I had deleted all keys and started over with firing pistol
animation, but his system had a keyframe every frame in every bone,

so I had to carve it down a little so shooting did not force you to tap dance :wink:

but I should have selected all arm bones etc and then inverted, and went through and deleted all the unnecessary keyframes.

I can still pull the action from the original file,

also, we are going to need rifle aim, rifle fire, fifle idle,

shotgun aim, shotgun fire, shotgun idle, shotgun reload etc

So, we need

Animations

props

level design plans

a story

and I think we are ready to go,

I will also remake the player physics bound, and place ‘sockets’ on the player for a inventory,

so we will need a holstered gun model, a backstrapped rifile model etc (so you strap the inventory to yourself)

also need to add remove ammo and drop weapon but that is pretty easy.

ok, so now tab is inventory mode , and ctrl is scene interaction mode.

~ is drop whatever is in your hand.

And now, equipment slots are go, we can determine the size, so rifle spots can only take rifles, pistols go in holsters etc.

:smiley:

This looks cool!:slight_smile: Now you may want to make them just a bit fancy. Like pockets joined with belts or as a part of armory west.

Yes i will work around a harness for the newly added back rifle slot :slight_smile:
The story is already there blueprint, i will be uploading a video this weekend
of new props and the first level so far :slight_smile: this is very exciting times man :slight_smile:

Great to see that the project is developing regularly.

My only suggestion goes into action key: Commonly games is the ‘E’ or ‘F’ if the latter is not associated with optional flashlight. Because of the controls mapped to standard WASD (on the PC keyboard), I believe it is more friendly.

If there is no jumping, space is good as action key too, but again - my opinion. For me E key and SPACE are good action keys, but F key is kinda difficult to access while in gameplay.

On the Options Menu, you can chose M+K OR XboxController in the future.
Thanks for following the game :slight_smile:

I have a xbox controller even, but SDL2 is messed up, (win 8.1) should be patched by 2.76

Definitely BPR, i`m uploading a new video tonight that will expand my plans more :slight_smile:

Some reason my audio is not playing back ? eventhough it works off youtube

ok for some reason the new animations were not playing on the actor,

maybe next time grab the file I am working with, and clone Aim from gun, and ONLY keyframe the arms/upper spine when Aim/Fire/Reload
animations,

also when doing new leg animations only keyframe the root, and lower?

otherwise I have to go through and delete all the leg keys or you can’t aim and shoot at the same time.

this is not 100% perfect, but I figure you can adjust it in my file?

PS. lets set it up so your main blend uses a linked lib file, this way you can just open that file, delete everything and append in my changes?

so it’s not a pain swapping in the new stuff? (when you open your ‘main’ .blend it will grab the new stuff?)

R_Aim = Rifle aim
R_AimFire = shoot

R_Reload = reload animation

again I am not a terrible animatior but I am not a great one either, so we may need to tweek these a bit?

Next I can add shotgun, or you… maybe rocket launcher?

Will we be killing anything big?
Nades?

shuriken are always fun :smiley:

PS I will add a MAc10 sound vs 22 sound vs 45 sound vs rifle sound?
(spawning the bullet brings in the sound object)

Wow this is looking really nice and smooth, nice work BPR and Chaos!
My only criticism would be the recoil animation, which seems too small for the size of the weapon.
Also (suggestion) maybe depending on how frequently the player shoots, begin to introduce recoil climb to a certain extend?

with the mouse aim etc, recoil climb would be pretty easy , (just add a random value to mouse y)

added shotgun, shotgun bullets, ammo in player and sounds, need reload animation but fire and aim look ok.
(using a rifle model at the moment)

Woah BPR amazing work, send me the file when you can so i can try it out in the game :slight_smile:
Is the walking animation still funny ??

I can grab the original walk back out of the original file, and just delete the arm keys so you can walk and aim at the same time,