Challenge #617 (17/4/15) Entries CLOSED

heres my entry “Spaceship Worlds Collide”:eyebrowlift:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Future Cruise Ship

http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images3/wc617-futurecruiseship-byrjt2015.jpg

(HD resolution - please click image or follow this link for full-sized image)

As usual, pure Blender.

RobertT

Nice! It reminds me of the Titanic cruise ship from Doctor Who.

@finalbarrage: I have a similar situation on my computer. When I am doing volumetric shading on relatively large objects, I can’t use rendered view without my video card driver crashing on me.

Here is my non-competing entry, probably could be open, but it is more Krita than Blender.

Fed Zepplin. I went with both the ship (noun) and ship (verb) for mine.
Tried something I haven’t done before which is use a basic Blender image as a base for a digital painting. Painting done in Krita.

I also including the base render to show where it started.

Attachments

i’ve had over 50 bluescreens today
either its my harddrive that is about to die

You may try also with the harddrive data cable connector: just unplug, maybe spray some “connectors cleaner” and replug. Had this issue a couple of times.

Here my pure entry “container ship”:

Some obvious errors noticed at final render but overall satisfied. The clouds are an image(unwrapped on a dome), not 3d :wink: .

Anime lovers know what this is.

Well, my favorite ship ever. Going Merry is Strawhats Pirates first ship. Is now destroyed. There are many details missing but it is still recognizable.

Pure entry rendered with BI. Sky an image texture.

thank you guys for comming up with solutions. i dont think its anything simple like that, im not running out of memory (got 16GB, not using more than 9), my computer is not overheating, so cleaning the fan wont help.
also the problem started when i started playing with sims, but then it ended up crashing even if i just started browsing.

im at school now, where i have a strong workstation and a blade server that i can use for rendering, so ill see how much i can do in one day.

and RobertT, ur my new idol… crazy entry for just a few days of work…

Hey Ralmon that looks great again, out of interest do you do this just for a hobby or do you do some more commercial and animation work? you have a very distinct style with your entries that you really deliver on every time (that’s a compliment just in case any misunderstanding :slight_smile: )

guys, can i submit my entry tomorow morning? and let it render over night. its REALLY heavy… with fog, volume absorbtion, fire simulation, glossy shaders, translusent shaders, and i wont be able to finnish the render today. i have to render it at school, cause i got raided with bluescreens yesterday…

so i could not finnish the modelling yesterday either.

I use Blender just for a hobby. I don’t know much about style… influenced by cartoons maybe? I really love cartoon styles. I guess, I am also quite influenced by Andrew Hickenbottom’s work. I had tried to emulate his style at times and I’m following his work.

My Entry, all done in Blender cycles render and a little work in the compositor.

All these entries look great. I mostly meddle with the GE, wish we had similar weekly contests for the game engine.

So you installed the sims and started getting the blue screens of death. How much free disk space do you have left?

@ralmon meril it looks like you freehanded the mouth / snout. In the new UV tools, there’s an option to stroke a vector curve for a cleaner line. I haven’t tried it, but I seem to recall it’s in there now.

i have enough space, memory, all of that is fine… and i actually think its cause of blender, ill send inn a report later.

but i wont be able to submit my entry untill tomorow morning, cause im rendering at school.

If you can render it on another computer then it’s not blender. How do you know you’re not overheating the cpu? Have you checked the temperature or are you just putting your hand over it?

I was thinking the same thing as umii, your work is always so clean. I was looking at it this morning and worder what type of lighting you use.

I really enjoy Andrew Hickenbottom’s work also. If any here is not familliar with it here is his CGTalk portfolio.

So not happy with it, I wish i had 60 hours free to do it seriously cauz i think it’s still a nice idea. Very crowded week with good entries too.

Edit: The entry is pure, everything was done in blender including the background and all.